Israel the Greatest *** Of the Game...

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LebaneseLion
Major
Human: Yes

Israel the Greatest *** Of the Game...

Post by LebaneseLion »

Sorry for my anger, but I need help once again. Israel for some reason loves to invade and crush Lebanon in the first 60 seconds of the game. So when i'm trying to build up, and even out my economy 1000 Merkavas and f-16s penetrate my territory, even as i rush my forces to entrench in cities..they are virtually useless. They take Tyre, zahle, and smash Beirut in 1 minute. Is there any possible way to stop an Israeli invasion using just the units Lebanon has.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Israel the Greatest *** Of the Game...

Post by Ruges »

This might be a challange for the veterans to accept. What version are you playing and what mod? Also what settings?
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Ruges wrote:This might be a challange for the veterans to accept. What version are you playing and what mod? Also what settings?
latest version 6.7.... Campaign: Global Crisis, Very Hard Mil, Very Easy Diplo and Eco, No Fog, no debts, units can be captured when nation falls,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

What Volatility?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Are you using garrisons ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Very High Volatility, Yes Garrisons.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I just played thru to jan 9,and bought myself time with diplo deals with israel .And diplo'd myself into a large stock pile of goods and helpful alliances.

Israel dowed syria,which pretty much means they are tied up.Would you like a save ?As i said, its only 9 days in, and you should be able to handle them should they dow you as they are already using most of their forces in syria.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

And i have about 30 israeli units bottled up in a massive traffic jam and under attack by 3 full stacks holding the surrounding cities.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Chuckle TM
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Ahh i knew it would be doable. But I am suprized you did it with no losses.
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

What? No Losses? :lol: :lol:

sure a save would be great.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ill put up save 2,right after the syria dow jan9.

I actually made at least two mistakes,so it was hardly a perfect war (I waited to long to attack from the south east flank,and I kept my advance units in captured israeli frontline towns too long which syrian troops would have held for me without my troops being needed there)Both allowed syria to get a large part of the land,which i didnt want.

The no loss was easy,israel had fuel and ammo issues,so art and air was little risk,making retreating safe and easy.And garrisons can be scrapped in place when low on health,avoiding the loss of the unit.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b21e386/n/leb2-GC.SAV
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Ahh just noticed you started with debt, and fog. Any other differences from what lion posted, Toko? I got into Jan 14th before Isreal declared war on me. Althoug Isreal had declared war on Iraq, and Egypt had decalred war on israel, Syria was not at war yet. Which caused all of northern isreal's units to serge into me. And since we started with no debt isreal did not have any income issues at this point, and was able to maintain defcon1. And did not have shortages of resources. So they where able to keep there planes and arty going strong. And since there was no fog of war they where able to use this to there advantage.

I had a pretty good line setup with my best infantry in Sur. then a stack of tanks next to it and infantry next to them repeating this again. with the industrial complex down there and the high ground next to it. I put one arty up on the high ground (the ones with lower range) hoping they could assist the frontline. with the other ones along the coast with my cargo ships providing supply to them. It was a pretty solid defense. And if I had even matched units I could have seen it hold. But I was still overswamped.

Of course then I rememberd I was using my AIParams file which makes it allot harder in this scenario then the defualt AIparams. So I will switch back to the defualt. Turn on fog and debt I was not using garrisions. But I think I will give them a go for the first attempt again. and reposition my troops. And make sure Syria is at war with Isreal before I goto war with them.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea with same settings as Toko makes it much more doable. Debt makes israel stay deep in the red so they cannot mount a succesful campaign. Fog on keeps there high tech long range stuff from hitting outside your units range. And with the defualt AIparams there was no huge unmanageable rush at the start. Also this go around Syria got into the war before me so they soaked up a huge portion of the initial assualt. I ended up having to declare war late january so I could get in on the action. I end up making two big mistakes this go around. One was I got held up in Hadera. Its not a closecombat or defensive hex. I ended up taking heavy losses there. Lost 3 units, and severly ran down my military goods supply. I also moved up my artilary as it looked like it was going tobe an easy victory. This caused an even greater stress on my military goods till I ran out. which stalled my whole operation. While I could have continued the fight. I had already lost 6 (those 3 PT boats, the helo, and 1 tank) units (killed 71) This was at the end of Febuary. and they way the military goods market was going it was going to take me a bit more to build it up, and with the market price soaring up to 300k, This would have stalled my war for 2 or 3 months and then anouther month to finish off Isreal. I know what I need todo now. I think I can get victory in 3 months, although I think all of it depends on how early Israel and Syria get into it.
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

so far I have to say thanks guys

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”