Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Legend, Balthagor, Moderators

Frig870
Corporal
Human: Yes

A few questions

#1 Post by Frig870 » May 13 2010

Hi,

I started playing supreme ruler some time ago. Playing whenever i can make some time. Just recently found this forum.
I have a few questions about the game i hope you can answer.

First question is about sabotaging facilities using spy's. I noticed that even though a spy sabotaged the enemy's barracks, it was still being used. Is this also the case with military and production facilities?

2nd i would like to know if and how you can change the name of complexes. Later in a game it's often confusing to keep apart, for example, all land fabrications because most are called X:... Y:...

3d, i'm interested in the multiplayer option. How does this work? I'm thinking it would be almost impossible to keep everyone active in such a time-consuming game. Or are build-times shorter in multiplayer?

Thanks

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: A few questions

#2 Post by tkobo » May 13 2010

Frig870 wrote:Hi,

I started playing supreme ruler some time ago. Playing whenever i can make some time. Just recently found this forum.
I have a few questions about the game i hope you can answer.

First question is about sabotaging facilities using spy's. I noticed that even though a spy sabotaged the enemy's barracks, it was still being used. Is this also the case with military (fabrication)
Dont remember,but im pretty sure its no.

Military as in airfields ,piers,etc..
Yes

and production facilities?
yes
Also if i remember correctly,if these go into reppair mode,they stop working

2nd i would like to know if and how you can change the name of complexes. Later in a game it's often confusing to keep apart, for example, all land fabrications because most are called X:... Y:...
You cant

3d, i'm interested in the multiplayer option. How does this work? I'm thinking it would be almost impossible to keep everyone active in such a time-consuming game. Or are build-times shorter in multiplayer?

It works the same by default,but they are settings you use to change things.I havent played on in a while,but they run fine.And yes,the time requirement and scheduling can be a big impediment to long open game play,BUT there are scenarios aimed at shorter games.
Thanks
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#3 Post by Balthagor » May 13 2010

Frig870 wrote:...Is this also the case with military and production facilities?
A facility at 50% condition builds at 50% of the rate or production.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

tonystowe
Colonel

#4 Post by tonystowe » May 13 2010

Hello Frig870 and welcome to the forum,

Spies take a long time to gain any real experience so I would offer that you find a smaller region and send them there to conduct sabotage missions. Spies do not gain experience, that I know of, for conducting recon or espionage missions. For me, I will send spies to some Caribbean island region or similar around the world and let the go at it continuously.

For me, I utilize my spies 90% of time doing recon missions in enemy, or potential enemy regions ahead of my offensive operations.

Frig870
Corporal

#5 Post by Frig870 » May 15 2010

Thanks for the replies and info :-)

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”