Couple unit scrapping questions

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bvb
Colonel

Couple unit scrapping questions

Post by bvb »

(Wasn't sure which forum this belonged in... Units = military, but scrapping & resources production, AI... :) )

Does the AI scrap units? Looking to trim some fat from my reserve units, especially a few types that I never use. Was considering selling some, but don't want to put weights on the AI's economy if they won't scrap them if they also never use 'em. A few are subs, and it seems the AI doesn't use them much which leads to question 2:

How much is recovered when scrapping a unit? I thought I had read ~50% of the military goods, but can't find it now when searching. And as long as I'm asking, is the same % of industrial goods recovered when scrapping facilities?

Thanks
tonystowe
Colonel

Re: Couple unit scrapping questions

Post by tonystowe »

bvb, I would offer that you consider giving the units to other regions whose military could use the equipment. My madness is that by doing so you will gain favor from the UN and your UN Approval and Subsidy rating will begin to increase. I have tested this theory in most all of my games and there seems to be a direct connection between my region giving units and the increase in my UN ratings.

At first I would simply scrap all of the units I did not intend to use and after a while I really did not see any significant gains from that action. In comparison, my giving the units to other regions did affect my UN ratings as already mentioned and the second and third affects on my economic strength in the world increased.

Region's that do not have production capabilities are the one's that I seek out first to give the units to and second I look for region's who are at war with regions I intend to dislike and give them the best units of the pick. At first I would try to squeeze every penny out of the receiving region, but that seemed ridiculous as well, so now I simply give the units without anything in return.

enjoy and let us know what you decide.

Tony
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

At present the AI doesn't scrap its own units, but it will try to sell or trade off any excess units that it has.

I actually forget right off the bat how much you get back when you scrap... I suppose I could look in the code... hold on... ok, there it is... it says 90% of the goods are recovered. That includes both the materials used to make the unit (military goods, uranium), plus the ammo and any supply stocks the unit is holding when it is scrapped.

Fuel that is carried by the unit isn't recovered, apparently it's just dumped into the Gulf of Mexico ( :o too soon? )

I "think" this is the same as scrapping facilities, but I'm too lazy to double check that right now. But it sounds right.

-- George.
Galindo
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Galindo »

Question: What happens to the personnel? Do they go to reserve when scrapped? And when they are sold, they go to the other nation, right?
"Ordem e Progresso"
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

You don't sell your soldiers only the equipment they use. Your soldiers go back to the reserve pool. Same with scrapping.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

They should go into reserve in both cases.When you sell the equipmant that makes up a unit, you dont sell the men with it.The receiving nation must supply its own men to activate the equipment into a unit.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Galindo
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Galindo »

It makes sense. :) I just wasn't sure how it worked in the game.
"Ordem e Progresso"
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Thanks for the replies. :)

Incidentally, looks like buildings yield 75% of the mil/ind goods. Not too shabby.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”