Research, as a whole, in SR

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Research, as a whole, in SR

Post by tonystowe »

Since my initial game with the SR game I have always been at odds with the research of new technologies and the little timing it takes to complete the research and the fact that a regions Tech Level is increased independent of its "real" researched technology.

While the current system is gamer friendly and in the "gamer" timeline for such games, I continue to think that a different research system in which a region's Tech Level being based upon its overall research accomplishments would be a more ideal gaming function.

As of the current system I could easily stop all research, close down all research facilities, and still increase my Tech Level - even though my region isn't "moving forward" in the technological realm.

My proposal is that BG removes the independent Tech Level aspect as it is currently played and replace it with a Tech Level increase system based upon the "real" (if you will allow me that) researched capabilities of a region.

Granted, the key regions will still have a huge advantage over the rest of the world but the system would be better represented.

I am not complaining, just a few thoughts.

Tony

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”