Another of my quick and to the point questions

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Benjaminvallen1
Major

Another of my quick and to the point questions

Post by Benjaminvallen1 »

Where are the MRAPs? I keep looking for them and I can't find them...
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Another of my quick and to the point questions

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Benjaminvallen1 wrote:Where are the MRAPs? I keep looking for them and I can't find them...
We don't have mines in the game
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Benjaminvallen1 wrote:Where are the MRAPs? I keep looking for them and I can't find them...
We don't have mines in the game
Yes, but MRAPs also specialize in urban warfare. They could have a very high close-combat rating, or something else to signify their urban warfare ability.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

It seems to me that MRAPs are primarily improved for their defense in urban warfare - meaning Close Defense values could be improved, but attack values would not be affected.

As such, I suppose it would be possible to create a "Light Infantry (MRAP)" unit with the improved Close Def value, but we also have "Medium Infantry" in the list which I think provides another option for this.

-- George.
Benjaminvallen1
Major

George Geczy wrote:It seems to me that MRAPs are primarily improved for their defense in urban warfare - meaning Close Defense values could be improved, but attack values would not be affected.

As such, I suppose it would be possible to create a "Light Infantry (MRAP)" unit with the improved Close Def value, but we also have "Medium Infantry" in the list which I think provides another option for this.

-- George.

Do you mean to do this as a mod personally, or that ya'll will considerate for a later version? [_]B
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I think he's saying it's not worth modeling so specifically when we already have a generic Medium Infantry unit.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Balthagor wrote:I think he's saying it's not worth modeling so specifically when we already have a generic Medium Infantry unit.

hmm, I'll have to ponder that for my military strategy. Losses are just too ridiculous with armored assaults on towns so I have been switching to air and heliborne assaults, this could be useful...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Make the garrisons pop, then destroy them with fightbombers.Like so
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

tkobo wrote:Make the garrisons pop, then destroy them with fightbombers.Like so
My god. I thought *I* had a thing for massive artillery! :lol:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

You should see some of my bomber raids ,they put that meager bit of art to shame :lol:
Chuckle TM
Benjaminvallen1
Major

mfisher12 wrote:
tkobo wrote:Make the garrisons pop, then destroy them with fightbombers.Like so
My god. I thought *I* had a thing for massive artillery! :lol:

Iam the god of massed artillery bombardment. I once unleashed a barrage of 45 WS-2s on one poor lost Garrison. heh heh
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

At times like that, dont you sometimes wish the enemy would last just a bit longer ?Just to get to watch the action longer.
Chuckle TM
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

tkobo wrote:At times like that, dont you sometimes wish the enemy would last just a bit longer ?Just to get to watch the action longer.
In my last game as Israel, I lined up about two dozen MRLS units, set them all on auto-fire and loved hovering my mouse over the target units. Their health bars literally vanished before my eyes as missile after missile would race in and explode.

I'd built so many missile fabs in preparation for that approach, I had 40,000 missiles in reserve when war broke out. I could afford to be lavish with the ammo, and I think after Israel defeated Egypt the final score in casualties was 30,000 Israelis to 250,000 Egyptians thanks largely to my formidable array of MRLS and missile-firing bomber units.

I'm using Ruge's mod now, and if you haven't played with it you have to see what a MOAB does to garrisons. I don't think there's even any ashes left to sweep up :) Who needs nukes when you're building MOABs?

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”