New to 2020, confused about Expansion

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

yakaspat
Captain

New to 2020, confused about Expansion

Post by yakaspat »

Hello,
I played SR2010 and loved it, and just got around to downloading the SR2020 full game and GC expansion from Gamersgate tonight. I'm a bit confused about one thing...

Which desktop icon do I use? Does the GC expansion contain all the content of the full game? Does the full game include the update benefits of the expansion? I'm always confused when PC game companies make expansions into a seperate launcher...

Thanks,
Yakaspat

EDIT: Duh, I should have read the readme first! :oops:

"The installation of Global Crisis will make an additional program group in your start menu. This will allow you to run Supreme Ruler 2020 or Global Crisis. Some players may still want to run the original Supreme Ruler 2020 to play multiplayer games with other players who have not yet purchased and installed the expansion. However, Global Crisis does include all the original SR2020 Scenarios, and is fully compatible with all SR2020 Saved Games, and so most players will want to play even their old games and scenarios using Global Crisis so that you get full benefit of the new features and improvements. (Note that while original SR2020 saved games can be loaded in to Global Crisis, you will not be able to play Global Crisis saves in SR2020.)"

Thanks anyway!

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”