Hydroponics plants, what are they?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Beanwarrior
Corporal

Re: Hydro plants?

Post by Beanwarrior »

As far as I understand them,
hydroponics is a close controlled enviroment where you can grow agricultural products.
Some have set ups where the nutrients are in a liquid and kept where the roots just suck it up without any dirt.
So you can control, light, nutritional mixture, temperature, humidity and pretty much anything and grow food anywhere.

Hope that gives you an idea of what they are.
Frank
Captain

Post by Frank »

About it's ingame meaning:

Hydroponics - Produces Food. Has a higher maintenance cost than an Agriculture facility. Can be built anywhere with no limits as to how many can be built.

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/SR ... ilities%3F

About it's physical meaning:
Hydroponics (from the Greek words hydro water and ponos labour) is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite, gravel, or mineral wool.

Plant physiology researchers discovered in the 19th century that plants absorb essential mineral nutrients as inorganic ions in water. In natural conditions, soil acts as a mineral nutrient reservoir but the soil itself is not essential to plant growth. When the mineral nutrients in the soil dissolve in water, plant roots are able to absorb them. When the required mineral nutrients are introduced into a plant's water supply artificially, soil is no longer required for the plant to thrive. Almost any terrestrial plant will grow with hydroponics. Hydroponics is also a standard technique in biology research and teaching.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

What it does look like:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Idroponica_g5.jpg
georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by georgios »

there is a tech concerning hydroponics plant production. is this tech combined with the unit code of hydroponic plants? If I change this code, will tech increase the new hydroponics plant?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

georgios wrote:there is a tech concerning hydroponics plant production. is this tech combined with the unit code of hydroponic plants? If I change this code, will tech increase the new hydroponics plant?
have you tested it yet georgios?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Not yet, because I thought that another possible mechanism is to match tech effects with the facilities that produce x from y commodity, or with facilities producing with or without terrain requirements..

another question is: tech effects written in tech identity cards are stored in a text program file? are they editable? Only the texts I mean, not the function.

2 Finished Goods Facilities Cost
3 Facilities Construction Materials Use
4 Pollution Levels
5 Research Efficiency
6 Counter Intelligence Efficiency...
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

In every case, hydroponic plant production makes changes in the production capacity of these plants or in the production/raw materials rate? I want some explanation between

36 Hydroponic Plant Production
60 Population Agri Use
72 Output of Agriculture
84 Efficiency of Agriculture
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

36 Hydroponic Plant Production, adjust production of hydroponic plant production
60 Population Agri Use, adjust consumption of food by population
72 Output of Agriculture increases production of food (only farms?)
84 Efficiency of Agriculture, reduces consumption of raw materials used to make agriculture.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

One more question:

what is the difference between

44 Consumer Goods Plant Production
45 Industrial Goods Plant Production
46 Military Goods Plant production

and

80 Output of Consumer Goods