Which Engineer?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Lephisto
Sergeant

Which Engineer?

Post by Lephisto »

I've noticed i can trade for other engineers and the m728 engineer. Do any of these engineers build faster than the others theirs no information on it.
powercell
Colonel

Re: Which Engineer?

Post by powercell »

I don't think there is any different in their construction speed. I like the faster one since they can get to new construction site faster.
Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apoffys »

It could be my imagination, but I tried the airborne ECB engineer and they seemed faster at building than regular engineers. Didn't bother to test it with a side-by-side comparison, if anyone else is less lazy maybe they can test it for us? :)
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

I have tested it with all 3.

I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know what the construction option did until a few days ago. Anyways, I built 3 sets of hydro dams all with the same conditions and 3 hexes apart. I put the 3 different models of engineer on them and each finished within a day of each other. I have to say though that engineers are wonderful. I build SOOO much faster now. Upwards of 8% a day on petrol power plants....of course having 30 engineers on the project might have something to do with that.
Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apoffys »

If you're really, really bored you can do a new test with 3 buildings. One with no engineer, one with an idle engineer and one with an engineer constructing.
Nick_UK
Lieutenant

Post by Nick_UK »

My method is to build 5 ECB Airbourne Engineers each time then paradrop them with C-17A's when capturing towns, then use the quicker building speeds to gain a foothold.
Mitchell
Lieutenant

Post by Mitchell »

If anybody does run such tests please be aware / take note of another effect of using engineers to speed construction projects: The precipitous increase in the cost of construction. At least in SR2010, the more engineers you assigned (located with) a facility under construction the faster it went but each also multiplied the rate of Industrial Goods consumption (not sure if it also cost more $$). I believe this is still the case in SR2020 but do not know whether multiples are the same...
Mitchell
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Yeah the costs are squeezed into a smaller time frame so it costs more money per day. Look at it this way, you will end up paying it anyways. This way is a quicker way to get rid of the pain.
rao
Lieutenant

Post by rao »

LOL i have 145 engineers units, around 100,000 active personals as Engineers..

i tried, something which might benefit you guys, if you split merge one engineer unit, it increases the number of personals .. i did this to 7 engineer units and kept 7 as normal

SPLIT/MERGE 7 ENG stack = 810 personals

NORMAL 7 ENG stack = 540 personals

i placed both these stack few hexes apart and made sure supply % is almost same in both part of land. (you can check this, its the button just beside one where you see how much petroleum/timber/population is.in your country .)

and then i constructed a mini power coal at same time, same instant, both teams started working and

Modified 810 engineer team finished 25% faster then 540 engineer team,

Split merge can be pain in ass, but again if you wana play for long and you like, 30-40 engineers then it can be helpful, i built 150 engineers .. i did this to all of them

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”