Ouestions from a newbie

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

battlegoat9787
Colonel

Ouestions from a newbie

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Hi,

I'm new to the game, so I'm still trying to figure out how all the buildings work.

I only have a few questions to ask, so I would appreciate it if someone could help me out please.

Anyway here they are:

1) Besides their production output, is their any difference between the agricultural building and hydrophonics plant? Isn't the hydrophonics plant supposed to improve output better than the agricultural building or is it the other way around? I know this may sound stupid, but the reason why I'm asking is because it takes a lot of research to get the hydrophonics in the first place if you don't have money to buy it so surely there is a reason to this because I'd hate it to be a waste of time.

2)I opted for fast build and enable change governments on difficulty settings, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect and I can't figure out how to change goverments. Also what does UN critical mean on the difficulty settings and how do I build on water owned by the UN?

3)After conquering a country, how come the areas still remain loyal to their former region, how come I can't build on oceanic hex's that they have already built on which I have taken over, how come I can't build oil derricks in oil located hex's in coeans owned by the UN and is there a way to do so? Also, how do I build on rivers? There are several areas in my region which have good electricity hex's, but they're located on rivers and for some reason I can't build on these spots?

4)How do I gain business & tourism? Is there a specific level or population for each city that requires me to gain these buildings?

Anyway thats all I want to ask, so thank you to who ever takes their time to read this, forgive the errors and please can you help me out.

regards,

Battlegoat9787

[Edit by moderator: Moved thread from 2010 discussion area to 2020 discussion area]
powercell
Colonel

Re: Ouestions from a newbie

Post by powercell »

1) Hydrophonics plan can be build any where because it is not resource dependent. It's a good option for regions with very low agri resources. If you have good agri resource density, don't bother with hydrophonics. Same for synth fuel.

2) Can't change government (yet). Except when losing the election, with enough military support, you can become dictator and continue the game. I'm not sure about the other two options.

3) Loyalty won't change (at least for now). Can't build oceanic facility (yet). I'm not sure if building in international water will ever be included in the future.

4) I think it is one of the feature that didn't make into the final release. May be in the future.
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

Yes the Synth fuel, hydrophonics plant and the composit factory (arificial ore maker?) all make these will make you the resources you need but at a smaller amount and it will cost you alot more to produce, and usually take alot longer /more expensive to build. These are there for nations who have a high tech and dont have the natural resources needed.

Avoid them if you have plenty of these natureal resources.
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my questions you guys. :)

Anyway, its stupid why business and tourism isn't included because on the states options its clearly there, so I don't know whether it is a gradual thing that happens or not.

By the way just one more question:

You know the towns found in a region. Well do they evolve into cities when reaching a specific population or do they just stay the same? Thats because I was wondering whether or not you need to get a city to a certain pop to gain business and tourism you see. Anyway just a question.

regards,

battlegoat9787
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

Battlegoat has stated that we cant manually build buisnesses or tourisn yet. ther are already in game in some locations providing benefits. but no way to make them. they had talked about making them accour with random events if a location & country has met the required conditions.

IM not sure how the cities group ... i not sure what all is involved to make your national population grow but they do grow.
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Hi,

I would just like to ask for some help please regarding re-supplying of ships.

You see before my war with indonesia, I had sent several ships on patrol along their coast. Anyway they've run out of supply (even though when I check and see that they're still on 50%) and they won't move, so my questions are:

1) How do I re-supply them?

2) What ships do I use to supply them (could anyone give me a ship name or class)

3) How do I make hotspots work? You see I can create them but they don't seem to be wroking.

Anyway please can anyone help.

Thanks for reading this.

regards,

battlegoat9787
Scott_B
Captain

Post by Scott_B »

AOE ships full of supply are your best bet but I think if I am not mistaken any cargo ship will supply them. Logistics is important in the game and it is good to plan ahead for your naval and even land battles.
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Ships that hold cargo do take awhile to fill.
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Hi,

Yeah thanks for your replies, but I have already solved the problem before. I guess I couldn't wait before your answers, so I just guessed and sent one of my AOE ships there and that made my destroyers move again.

Anyway I have another question. I was reading the manual last night and I spotted something that I failed to spot before and it regards the business and tourism buildings. Anyway it stated the requirements for the buildings below:

Business sector-These are not available to every region ; overall conditions of your region must be suitable. For instance if your economy is not healthy and you have high corporate tax rates, you are unlikely to attract a new business sector.

Now basically I play as the Philippines and since my conquest of Malaysia I have been able to aquire a business sector in Kuala lumpur. Now because of this, does it mean that I will be able to attract any business sector? MY corporate tax is basically 0% and also I have a GDP of $45,000, so technically I should be able to buildings right?

One last question, how long does it take for a country to change its loyalty? I took over Malaysia in 2024 and Idonesia in 2030, but people living in former malaysian land are still loyal to Malaysia when it no longer exist, so I can't build petroleum oild derricks in their ocean hex's.

Anyway thats all.

regards,

battlegoat9787
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Countries don't change loyalty and the business and tourism does pretty much nothing at this point. I guess they make money behind the scenes, but I don't notice it. Basically, just ignore those sections for now and build most of your production on your original land.
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

BigD145 wrote:Countries don't change loyalty and the business and tourism does pretty much nothing at this point. I guess they make money behind the scenes, but I don't notice it. Basically, just ignore those sections for now and build most of your production on your original land.
Well someone said that they do change loyalty because if they don't then whats the point in taking them over? How can I focus on my own land when I have none left to focus on, thats why I went to war in the first place.

Anyway I think an update that will fix this is coming up, so I'll wait for that.

Thanks.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

battlegoat9787 wrote:
BigD145 wrote:Countries don't change loyalty and the business and tourism does pretty much nothing at this point. I guess they make money behind the scenes, but I don't notice it. Basically, just ignore those sections for now and build most of your production on your original land.
Well someone said that they do change loyalty because if they don't then whats the point in taking them over? How can I focus on my own land when I have none left to focus on, thats why I went to war in the first place.

Anyway I think an update that will fix this is coming up, so I'll wait for that.

Thanks.
They definatly don't change loyalty now! Since I've conquered france/germany maybe 7 or 8 years ago, and loyalty is still 100% french/german in their areas..Both countries don't even exist anymore..you would suppose at least a few % of their population would already turn over their loyalty towards their new country..but nada..0% after all those years..so I doubt the % will even change and they'll be loyal to their own(not even existing countries anymore) for all eternity..

If not, then it's heavily bugged, since after 7/8years you really expect at least 1% loyalty towards their new masters..
Even Adolf Hitler had in each conquered country more loyalty then I'm getting..and he even got that after the first week from many collaborators throughout europe..at least 10% in each country..even half france collaborated and deported jews happily for the *****...in NL they even invented their own camp for hitlers "final solution" and then there where the NSB etc..

but in the game, 0% collaborates when you occupy..but if you know someone who got his conquered areas to change loyalty towards him, I'd happy to get into contact with this person to know how to do that.. Since I've never seen that
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
coba
Warrant Officer

Post by coba »

I have a question: do the cheats in SR 2010 works even after the newest update ?

p.s: i was told that they did not work after the new update, but I do believe they still work
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Not sure what cheats exist, I only know off these value hack programs. And surely those won't work after each update since memory adresses change with each update.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
coba
Warrant Officer

Post by coba »

Soryy to bother you guys again, but in SR 2020, when you send the aircrafts to patrol, do they automatically go back to the base for refuelling ?

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”