Myanmar

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

suspect20
Lieutenant

Myanmar

Post by suspect20 »

Playing a game as Myanmar every country has 100% war justification on my from day one. Even China who has almost perfect relations with me will not accept diplomatic offers without me adding huge amounts of money. This is world in crisis scenario and I notice that there are a few nations that get ganged up on at the start of the game which makes for an interesting, if somewhat predictable outcome of alliances. I am not sure if this is working as designed or it was thrown in at the last minute or what. Reading over the history of 2006-2020 in the official pdf file no mention is made of Myanmar to suggest a reason for every country in the world to want to attack it. In fact a lot of regions and countries that are talked about as becoming very volatile and aggressive in the history description start out on very good terms with most of the world.

African nations, for example, are mentioned many times in the history as having high tensions over the new oil resources. Yet in every game almost no nation in Africa will go to war unless it is in response to player actions. If world in crisis is suppose to be the war scenario, and you are going to make random nations like Myanmar be hated by everyone, why not add other hated nations in regions that are very inactive currently. Or randomize it some so not every game ends up with the same people at war with each other while nothing happens in other regions of the world.
Saarud
Lieutenant

Re: Myanmar

Post by Saarud »

I feel that the war justifaction hasn't enough factors, making almost every game the same. I've played World in crisis many times now and every game North Korea are attacked by South korea, China and Russia. Makes the game a bit to predictable and boring. (Even these three nations together has so far been unable to conquer North Korea (yes I don't do any loads to avoid the load game bug), after awhile the hostilities settles down and every korean based has a flower formation of AA, Arty, AT and TRP units) and there are no more fights. Happens every single game so far.

As you mention Africa is to quite. no Ethiopian-Eritrea war. I played Ethiopia once and I had 0 casus belli against Eritrea and there was no way for me to rise it in anyway. Shouldn't the politicians be able to whip up war justifications through a long and perhaps an expensive campaign, atleast USA did that against Iraq irl.
ekim
Corporal

Post by ekim »

if you do a bit of research about Myanmar you will find out that Myanmar is the name given to Burma by the military dictatorship after a coup in 1962.

the junta have been very unfriendly to their population and up until this year have kept under the radar mostly due to there isolationist stance

this year they had a huge hurricane that has killed hundreds of thousands and left millions homeless and hungry and this has upset a large portion of the world to the point where some countries have discussed military intervention of course this hasn't eventuated much like Zimbabwe.

so yeah..... do you see any reason why people should actually want to help you ?

so the challenge of playing Myanmar is to turn the country arround and try to get the world to like you if you can pull this off id def say you have colcked this game for sure
Grendar
Lieutenant

Post by Grendar »

Frankly, I doubt China, or most of the worlds developing nations give a **** about how Burma treats its population. At least, not to such a degree that you get yourself into a war vs the world.
danceswithfools
Warrant Officer

Post by danceswithfools »

deleted

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”