Things i don't like in new version (still a great game)

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Things i don't like in new version (still a great game)

Post by bwheatley »

I really dislike how everything is in the bottom menu bar. It's very hard to see units, buildings, missiles, etc.

In the old game you had base popups, missile popups, unit popups. It was nice becuase it would give you a lot of real estate to see things. If i could drag the bottom menu smaller that would be great.

It's just frustrating hopefully they will make a popup in a feature update. If not i understand and i can live with it but it certainly feels like its more time consuming this way.
danceswithfools
Warrant Officer

Post by danceswithfools »

yeah I agree whoever did the UI was sleeping during his HCI (human computer interaction) classes when he was at university.

The interface is by far its biggest let down. I could probably write an essay the length on the manual about how retarded and badly done it was, but Id rather liberate Burma from its evil dictator ship.

:wink:
Stigern
Sergeant

Post by Stigern »

Oh and GOD I hope they fix a new window like "World News", so you actually know whats goin on.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

They used to pop up what was going on in green text unobstrusivley in the lower right hand corner. But it doesn't appear to do that anymore. The current interface seems a lot more clumsy than the previous one, although it's very similar in idea, the layout is radically differant.
Stigern
Sergeant

Post by Stigern »

I love everything how you can control all! It's very good, but only thing is the feedback. I feel I'm kind of controlling my country with a blindfold.

No info on uints losses, or current status in the world etc. I hate to say it, but Superpower 2 has a great system =)
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

No info on unit losses? do you mean as you lose them? in the scorecard/atlas (which is an in your face popup) using the hotkey "A" for Atlas - you can see unit losses. and much more information

as for world news... do you want to read everything that is going on at once in one window? we do currently allow you to view new on a per region basis. (in the State department). Have you found this and you still want all news in one list. If it was all in one list... remember we have 181-250 approx. countries all playing. You could get roughly 200 news items in ONE day!

On the wish/feature list is the ability to move news for a particular region into your inbox. That way you wouldn't always have to look at the region of interest. But that is for the future.

Is there particular news you wish to view? Do you want to know about every war declaration? If so we can always come up with other ways to give feedback of different world events.
danceswithfools
Warrant Officer

Post by danceswithfools »

Stigern wrote: No info on uints losses, or current status in the world etc. I hate to say it, but Superpower 2 has a great system =)
I agree, imo superpower 2 and supreme ruler both got wrong what the other did really well.

Superpower had a much better ui, gui and er... huey :-? .Had interesting world new,disasters (earthquakes etc) and indepth world market. Had total crap warfare model (tho creating units was interesting) and economics/production was a joke.

Supreme ruler kicked arse on the depth of the military and warfare model.Also gave you far more interesting gameplay in country economics and production.

Maybe if you guys make enough money on supreme 2020 you could do us consumers a favor and ask some of their development team to help you make 'super supreme superpower 2030' or something. Though it might be a pain fitting that title on the box.

On the topic of news.. Could we at least get news on wars and maybe fallen countries. Its a real pain hearing things blow up and then having to search the map or click through 180 countries to figure out whats going on. Maybe also things that cause major causis belli because at the start of the game I was fine with the USA the the next time I looked it had fall causis belli on it .I still dont know why for all I know it stole technologies but the news was deleted by then so Il never know.
Stigern
Sergeant

Post by Stigern »

Legend wrote:No info on unit losses? do you mean as you lose them? in the scorecard/atlas (which is an in your face popup) using the hotkey "A" for Atlas - you can see unit losses. and much more information

as for world news... do you want to read everything that is going on at once in one window? we do currently allow you to view new on a per region basis. (in the State department). Have you found this and you still want all news in one list. If it was all in one list... remember we have 181-250 approx. countries all playing. You could get roughly 200 news items in ONE day!

On the wish/feature list is the ability to move news for a particular region into your inbox. That way you wouldn't always have to look at the region of interest. But that is for the future.

Is there particular news you wish to view? Do you want to know about every war declaration? If so we can always come up with other ways to give feedback of different world events.
I want to be able to see war declarations, thats the most interesting. News like regions being taken over etc maybe? But might be too much, I dunno.

:-)
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Woule aqgree with war/peace declarations.

Other possibles, espionage sabotage scandals.

For flavour I was a real fan of a 'newspaper' layout. One liners just don't convey enough of a sense of drama in the world.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

I really miss the news ticker from 2010. I nlikeed knowing what countries are at war.

One thing i found for quickly seeing whos at war is by going to diplomacy then clicking score card and going to page 2.
Then i sort by war so i can kinda see whos fighting but i don't know whos fighting who.
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

Actually, I think you ought to beg/borrow/steal the interface for news that the paradox games use with a scrolling window. You can select individual messages and filter them. So basically, you would start the game with everything on and let players have the option of ignore, news only, and maybe pause for critical stuff.
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

Graymane wrote:Actually, I think you ought to beg/borrow/steal the interface for news that the paradox games use with a scrolling window. You can select individual messages and filter them. So basically, you would start the game with everything on and let players have the option of ignore, news only, and maybe pause for critical stuff.
That would be totally awesome!
Presently, you don't even learn who is declaring war on you. The message only says "We are under attack!", then you have to scroll through the entire region list to find out who the aggressor is.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”