Idiot question

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Bombur
Corporal

Idiot question

Post by Bombur »

-Looking at these forums, it seems that the AI cannot build industries and other improvements. Question is, how the AI prevents economic collapse? Withouth new improvements, you will go bankrupt if you´re poor in natural resources, it is also hard too prevent GDP from falling. How to fix trade imbalances? Only by conquest? I´m playing Ethiopia in the Africa scenario and managed to balance the economy by creating lots of small new industries, if I couldn´t build I would be facing a chronic and unsustainable trade deficit. Is there any cheat that prevents the AI from suffering economic collapse or are the economic equations the same?
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

You can do the ctrl-h cheat to switch to the other regions and build them each up in the beginning (or anytime in the game) but thats about it unfortunately. Unbelievably, the devs put exquisite details in many areas of the game but totally left out a few details in others. Building/upgrading and sea/air transport are the first to come to mind...basically anything its can't do that the human can.
Bombur
Corporal

Post by Bombur »

You can do the ctrl-h cheat to switch to the other regions and build them each up in the beginning (or anytime in the game) but thats about it unfortunately. Unbelievably, the devs put exquisite details in many areas of the game but totally left out a few details in others. Building/upgrading and sea/air transport are the first to come to mind...basically anything its can't do that the human can.
-I think this is a game breaking trouble, mainly in scenarios withouth the AI. Hopefully, the devs will try to fix this. They already were able to improve diplomacy a lot. The ctrl-H seems to be the only alternative, however, it only works for countries elegible for human play, right? This is not enough in biggers scenarios.
Bombur
Corporal

Post by Bombur »

Btw, how does the ctrl-h cheat works?
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

The devs have stoped updating the game now, and have moved on to their next project. So there will be no futher improvment to the AI.

ctrl+h cheat:

-Hit enter to bring up chat screen

-Type "cheat allowcheats" (Without ")

-Then press ctrl-h to change region

There you go :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Bombur
Corporal

Post by Bombur »

-Curious...it seems this cheat only works in real time mode
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Realy?

Will have to give it a go.

Sir Edmund Burke
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Indeed it dosen't work in turn based mode, curious. I wonder why, I suppose it could be something to do with the way the game proccess infomation.

Sir Edmund Burke

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”