"What did i do to you?"

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

commanderandrew
Sergeant

"What did i do to you?"

Post by commanderandrew »

The AI seems just to hate me... Its not exactly hard, but they never attack anyone else. I'm just minding my own Buisness when BAM they attack me and no one else. I was playing South Africa and battling it out with my northern neihbor when another... then another.. then another nation declared war on me when there were no alliances anywhere! No Mutual Defence Treaties and all of Africa decided to declare war on me! :o

I was also playing the German Advance campain, when the took Warsawl? (is it)? And i still ended up winning by moveing my capatial to a small city they just bypassed and i won! :lol:

Note to slef: Learn to Spell!
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

It's probably your buildcap - the maximum number of units you can build at once in all your air, land and naval bases. If you can build more than anyone else, everyone else will assume you're going to invade (which is accurate, I assume ;) ) and will try to preempt your attack with one of their own.
You can see your buildcap by clicking the buttom in the bottom right of the first panel under the State minister (I think - I usually just do without paying attention to what I'm doing :roll: ). You can sort through a few information screens, including your standings in the unification vote if there is one, but one of the panels will have your buildcap in it as well - towards the right of one of the screens, if I remember correctly.
If yours is the highest, consider shutting down a base or something. You don't have to destroy it though, just make it so you can't build anything there. Other than that, all you can do is send gifts to your neighbors to make them like you until you feel like taking them on next.

The other possibility is that you declared war without a justification to do so (the Belli bar being high enough), in which case just wait for it to rise about 3/4 of the way or more before starting a war. Or you could just send a bunch of units to the target's border while keeping the buildcap high and he'll eventually declare war for you, hoping to catch you off guard.
commanderandrew
Sergeant

Then why did one of the northern most nations declare war on me when there was no provocaton?
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

No provocation against them specifically perhaps, but the world thought of you as a beligerant state for whatever reason - either because you were just too militarisitic and powerful (your buildcap was high) or because you started an unprovoked war yourself. The first will gradually provoke other nations - their belli will slowly rise - while the second will do it suddenly, making the second a very dangerous option if you don't think you can take on the rest of the world.
The best course is to use the gradual option while paying off nations you don't want to deal with right away, essentially bribing them to turn a blind eye to your buildup. You may not even need the highest buildcap since having a large portion of your army on someone's border raises their belli against you (a good thing if they're your target).
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

The belli bar does have an effect.
We picked stronger regions and increased the threat against them by other regions to balance out things with the maps in the game.

Build capacity does increase belli, if you build cap is the largest on the map.

When other games are "even" buider type games there is no need for "belli". However in those games the human player is almost always attacked. Play Starcraft and you'll see the enemy AI pick a human player and rush them every game they play.

In SR2010 AI regions also seem to pick on human players as the difficulty rating is increased... and when AI regions ally, they declare war on common regions to show support.

Pick a weaker region, such as Portugal in the "France" scenario and see if you notice the same thing with the AI.
commanderandrew
Sergeant

K, next game ill start ill pick the smallest worst nation i can find. (Did u guys put Monnoco in the game?) :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Inside France :P it was too small, not even one hex :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”