AI & Diplomacy

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

AI & Diplomacy

Post by Leafgreen »

Why is there causus for full allies? Haven't tossed any nukes, given them supplies/techs, they have a much larger military - and I support them in every war yet they've gone from delighted to despise. (Which means me + ally vs the world basically)

The AI should make diplomatic proposals, i.e. requests for goods when having shortages, request techs and probably offer pittances for exchange. Maybe even requests for nukes.

In a campaign at world level, was tired of getting the message saying my ally was critically short of electricity (since day 2 it seems), so I went over and took some land, built a few fusion plants, and offered the land to them along with the techs to make good use of them. For free. Rejected.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

In the first version of the game it was possible....
However it was bugged : you could buy a hole region.. :-)

So the Goats scraped that option...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You can still do what your trying to do for the AI, you just have to use one of the methods of temporarily(sp) switching sides.

Set the faciliaties up, make the diplo offer, switch side your playing to the AI side you made the offer to,accept the offer, than switch back.
Its alittle clumsy,but you can build your AI foes into major military and econ powerhouses.

They still wont use it all as well as you prob will, but they will at least stand up and keep fighting longer.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Eric Larsen
Colonel

How do you switch sides??

Post by Eric Larsen »

tkobo wrote:You can still do what your trying to do for the AI, you just have to use one of the methods of temporarily(sp) switching sides.
tkobo,
How do you "switch" sides to play an AI's side? I've been interested in just seeing what the heck the AI's are up to.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you reload a saved scenario from the lobby you can actually continue as any of the players.

You can also use <Ctrl+H> in game after activating cheats to switch to the next player.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Thanks

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:If you reload a saved scenario from the lobby you can actually continue as any of the players.

You can also use <Ctrl+H> in game after activating cheats to switch to the next player.
Chris,
Thanks for the excellent answer. No wonder I never knew about the Ctrl H as I've never tried the cheats. Now I can see what the AI's are up to as regards economics and diplomacy. I'll have to try the reload through the lobby. It will be interesting to see what South America sees of my invasion.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

How??

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:If you reload a saved scenario from the lobby you can actually continue as any of the players.
Chris,
I tried reloading my game through the lobby but could not see where or how I could change regions. How exactly does that work?
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

How to activate cheats?

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:You can also use <Ctrl+H> in game after activating cheats to switch to the next player.
Chris,
I tried to use the ctrl+H cheat to switch sides but it didn't work. I found that to activate cheats one opens up the chat box and types in "cheat allowcheats" without the quotation marks. I just couldn't get the cheat to work. Some help please on exactly how to activate cheats and how to just load a saved game from the lobby. I just couldn't find any way to change regions from the lobby.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ive got the game running as i type this, so i cant go in and double check atm, but i beleive the sequence is " Single player-campaign-than go to the section on the right and click on the third button from the top "saved games"- pick the save on the right -than go back to the left which should now list all the regions in the scenario save- pick the region you want to look at/help/etc..as the region to play and -start the save.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Eureka!!!

Post by Eric Larsen »

tkobo wrote:Ive got the game running as i type this, so i cant go in and double check atm, but i beleive the sequence is " Single player-campaign-than go to the section on the right and click on the third button from the top "saved games"- pick the save on the right -than go back to the left which should now list all the regions in the scenario save- pick the region you want to look at/help/etc..as the region to play and -start the save.
tkobo,
Thanks for the help. It almost sounds like this only works for campaign games. I've tried to go through Single Player - Scenario to load my saved game but could not find a way to change regions.

Just went back into the game and then I saw what you were pointing out by switching from left to right. I forgot you can load a saved game from the scenario selection screen. Your directions gave me the info needed to change regions. Muchas Gracias!

Now I can see how bad off South America is. Only 2,033 tons of military goods, 742,000 production with a demand of over 8.2 million. Dang that's more demand than even I have as North America and I have zero production for military goods with a stockpile of over 3.5 million.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
red
General

Re: Eureka!!!

Post by red »

Eric Larsen wrote:It almost sounds like this only works for campaign games.
It works for every save game, of course. There's no difference in how they're handled.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Actually its easier to use the cheats to switch regions. Make sure u type cheat allowcheats right then ctrl+h. because it works for me eveytime. never had a problem with the cheats. :lol:
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”