Things you the player can do to increase your AI foes threat

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Things you the player can do to increase your AI foes threat

Post by tkobo »

1) change your AI opponents build cap.
At the right times, go in and adjust the AI regions military facilities.

2) change your AI opponents units to build
Go in and prevent the AI from building units that are wasteful (supply trucks,Anti-air,carriers,etc..
You can do this by giving keying up a large amount of preordered units.
Backlog like 200 mech infrantry-the AI wont be able to build anything BUT those pre-ordered units til they are all built.
In the case of naval bases,often there is NO good choice for what the AI can build that it will actaully use. SO remove ports and replace them wil piers, so the you can eliminate the AIs wasteful naval spending.

3) do the facility building for your AI.
Go in after a reasonable amount of time and build the facilities the AI needs to remian afloat.

IF you do all three of these circa every year of game play for any AI regions you want to be more threat intensive to you, you will find them far more entertaining to fight.

You can switch to other regions by saving the game,exiting the scenario,than reloading it from the campaign saved games option(where you can pick the region you want to switch too)
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

That's an interesting way to add a challenge to the game.

One thing that may help you out - save you a few minutes.

Enable cheats - and then press "CTRL H" ------ YOU DON'T NEED TO TYPE THIS IN A CHAT LINE!!!

This allows you to switch between regions and control what you want. It's been a great tool to let us test with.

--------

Moving on... you have three great areas of the game that will be address and hopefully improved in the future. I've made a note of this thread and added it to our list.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Seems someone else has been doing what I been doing. As I said before the AI will attack with a large mass of units if they have lots of units. I sometimes select what units. And sometimes I actually use the onedaybuild cheat for the AI to build units faster. Alot of the time I put in continuous production of units like tanks and mech infan.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Can the AI be given 'favorites' and then 'build only favorites'?
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Settings like you ask about would be kinda cool for the AI to have in many features.

Set at the begining of the game :
Build rate range- what level the AI should strive for in peace- and in war
Miltary size range- what size the AI should strive for in peace- and in war
Military composition range- what % of each type of unit _tank,infrantry-etc.. the AI should try and maintian in peace and in war

Etc..

Instead of a simple difficult setting. A whole bunch of choices that tailor make your enemy AIs would be so fun.

Of course the AI would still how to be improved on how well it actually uses what is has in any case/setting for something like this too really shine.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”