shared threat ?

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

shared threat ?

Post by tkobo »

When you push against an AI,it will push back (if it has units it considers free for use-ie not entrenched.If it has the resources it deems required.Etc..)

BUT an AI's ally will rarely join in if it has to travel far.

Is there a way to make an alliance treaty also form a bond as to how threats are percieved ?

So if i push against AI (A) , its ally AI (B) will see that push agianst (A) with the same threat intensity that (A) sees it with ?
So an attack on the border of (A) will be considered an attack on the border of (B) in as far as how (B) reacts with its troops ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

This is an interesting concept.

Do you have any regional examples?

what comes to mind when supporting an ally is
- how do I help them and defend my own borders?
- how do I get my troops there in time to assist them?
- should I even decalare war or should I support my ally secretly?

How an AI will respond in the future will likely depend on things such as AI agendas, relationships, ability to support beyond their borders.

If a region has a distant ally that they decide to support - what rules would you suggest are implemented? We have to figure how the units would travel there and protect themselves along the way. We have to figure out how many to send - too few would be funny to see - too many would be riduculous.

A treaty as you suggest is an interesting idea... but if that is what we use to get two AI's working together it would be more of an understanding between the regions... as a player would also see and use the treaty... unless you want players to use this treaty with AI regions also... to get them to support them.

Any further thoughts?

Would anyone else like to chime in???
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

My thinking on this is that a region who has this applied to it would react the same way they would IF the border being attacked was theirs and not an allies.

So IF the ally has a accessable route to that front, it would send the same amount of force it would IF it was reacting to its own border under attack.

If the region has no direct route to the front under attack,it cant send the troops anyway.

For situations in which the ally has no direct route by which to send troops to the fight, it would be nice to have something like this kinda option---
http://www.battlegoat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6004

But im thinking of those as 2 seperate though related things atm.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Legend wrote: - how do I get my troops there in time to assist them?
I think it would be nice if you have somesort of -mutual def- treaty
ables you to train/combine armies....

just a thought...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”