Could we have a small post that tells us about AI improvment

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Could we have a small post that tells us about AI improvment

Post by tkobo »

Just a post that says, "yes we plan on making the AI better""We are currently exploring x,y, and z as ways to do so"
"We have found that "such and such a way" does work and is planned to implemented at such and such time"

That kind of info post.Make it a sticky and stop in and give info ,say "Hi, still working on such and such" once in a while .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I'm not sure this would be a good thing. (having a specific post telling people what we are working on, regarding the AI)

If we are specific with the details people may get their hopes up and if we don't deliver it could disappoint. Also when we have decided to share what we are working on it may be too late to hear comments.

If we are too vague it may not be worthwhile to have at all.

What we would appreciate is hearing thoughts from people about general AI improvements. We know that people have commented over the last several months with AI ideas but it would be good to bring up the discussion again.

So, what would you like to see?
Your thoughts?

(I will mention this specific post to George. He may have some questions or ideas to throw out to people re: improving the AI)

To get things started I'll mention that AI is a very general term. In our game we have several types of AI -
- Ruler AI (takes the place of a human player),
- Cabinet AI (runs government departments, making changes as it sees fit, in line with Cabinet Minister priorities),
- HQ AI (the AI that moves your army around for you at full initiative, and for AI regions),
- Unit AI (what moves individual units)
... and there are other types of AI as well.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Legend , i see and agree with the negatives you point out to the idea.

I guess i am just getting kinda anxious to see the AI get improved and would be willing to settle for snipppets of how and when it will be.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”