AI vs. AI ever produce a winner?

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Philthy
Warrant Officer

AI vs. AI ever produce a winner?

Post by Philthy »

I'm playing the Russian campaign and Kirov is at war with Western Syberia and Moscow. Kirov has lost all of its bases but is holding on to a couple of cities and some territory in the far north. When its build cap went to zero, I expected to see the region collapse. It's now been a roughly a year, and Kirov is still there. What needs to happen to have an AI region fall to another? Usually when a player is invading an AI once all bases are captured the AI surrenders. Any reason why this would be different when its AI vs AI?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

To eliminate a region you must take every last city. In some cases an AI will surrender before this happens, but not always. Loosing their capital repeatedly often causes a surrender.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Philthy
Warrant Officer

Post by Philthy »

Woohoo!! Finally, Moscow took Kirov's 4th capitol and Kirov surrendered. This was the first time I've seen an AI topple a region. I've waited a long time to see that happen. Maybe there is hope for the AI afterall :wink: .

Phil
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I seen an AI beat another AI several times. :lol: I got rich off them fighting one another. Its amazing how much oil and MG's they go through. I even pick sides sometimes and supply that region with better weapons if I have any extras then I sell the other sides some and watch them kill one another faster. :D
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Usually if I see the AI in a stalemate, I tend to give it a little push (control+h, if you know what I mean), and they tend to resume fighting :) So far this seemed to be pretty effective and I'll use it until later patches that improve AI.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

The AI sure does take its time to kill other ai's :)

for example, World Scenario, Russia and middle east both went to war with Europe.

Europe held russia for 2+ years, i seriously dont think russia gained more then 5 hexes into europe. Europe actually pushed russia out of the north countries :)

Middle east made almost no headway, until i bankrupted europe by selling them super expensive oil :) "90,000 a barrel"

then they finally started moving straight north, cut europe in 2, then almost grabbed all the way to spain before I made an invasion into middle east and killed them off :)

europe still never lost much land to russia, even if bankrupt, and out of oil :/

still was interesting :)
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

The US map that came with the last update is a pretty decent map for the AI conquest-wise. Especially in the east most regions can be fully destroyed by AI neighbors, especially New York and New Jersey.
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

I think this all depends on sizes of the map. In smaller maps (and well supplied maps) AI seems to be having less trouble invading, while on maps with little supply, they can't seem to get to invade. Also in my opinion, instead of stacking dozens of units around cities and bridges, the AI needs to attack more, making an offensive en masse in a sense. Right now, when they attack, they send a couple of units, pull them back, repair, send them again. They keep the rest of the units protecting cities etc.
Also one thing that needs improvement is that the AI needs to understand that it's borders with the WM won't get attacked and needs to take those forces into the front lines. There are many examples where the AI has large bases close to WM territory and keeps them there because it's far away from the front lines.

Actually last night I saw the AI (Canada) use a supply truck for the first time to save their stuck (out of supply) tanks. I was jubiliant! :D
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
geminif4ucorsair
General

Picking a AI Side

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

bergsjaeger wrote:I seen an AI beat another AI several times. I even pick sides sometimes and supply that region with better weapons if I have any extras then I sell the other sides some and watch them kill one another faster. :D
Yes, I've done the same tactic, especially if the underdog - such as playing Africa where South Africa attacks Namibia Fed., the latter is clearly the underdog. Sometimes meeting is economic shortages (shown on email posts) helps them out, as does selling off some of one's older tanks and APCs, or anti-tank weapons.

In prior games, seen fairly evenly match Morocco take on Algeria - draw.
Seen same result in South America, Russia and China. Usually, after about two years of waring, a truce is called and/or, both side just cease fighting.

The main problem, as I see it, is that the AI is largely defensive oriented and rarely ventures forth with brigade or larger formations to attack cities or resource areas. As such, too easy to attain a draw when the largest groupings of ground forces are usually regiment in size.

More aggressive (if that the right term - and probably is not) AI, tailored to the doctrines of specific countries, is needed for SR 2020.
The Khan
General

Re: Picking a AI Side

Post by The Khan »

geminif4ucorsair wrote: More aggressive (if that the right term - and probably is not) AI, tailored to the doctrines of specific countries, is needed for SR 2020.
Precisely. Paris killed off almost all my planes and tanks, all got to repair, and I desperately built a line of emplacements and put my infantry and recon and whomever has a fireable gun, and was outnumbered 3 to 1.

guess what. They sat silently while my forces rebuilt, and missiles reloaded.

I killed them off from afar. And LOL'd.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Paris tends to win marsailles on the France scenario unless someone else gets involved, besides that oregan and washington fight but neither tends to surrender cos everytime they try to advance on their capital washingtons ships cut them down and I have to get involved to win.

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”