Transport Frustration still

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

Transport Frustration still

Post by Empier4552 »

So i'm at the world scenario once more and as North America im pretty isolated. Firstly I arranged a transit treaty with Oceania (Europe refuses they claim im too untrustworthy..)

Anyhow I grab a huge group of units and set them to sea transport to Oceania (I plan to hit Asia fast). First few loads get there fine but then the trouble begins. I look and I see 3/4 of my transports stuck in open seas out of fuel! Now there was an isolated island base only 10-15 hexes away. Why couldnt the AI divert the transports there and have them refuel like it does airplanes?!

Ontop of that I sent some empty transports with no initiative to the hex where others were stranded. It went and stayed there for only a few seconds before deciding to try and go pick up men and transport them. With a zero initative and my manual orders you'd think it would get the idea i want it to stay and refuel the stranded transports!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This is more of an AI issue, so I'm moving it to the appropriate thread. There is certainly more work that can be done for AI transport issues. Perhaps we should make units that are "giving cargo" not respond to AI orders until finished...?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Hm that sounds good to me. I don't mind manually moving a transport so it can give over cargo/fuel to another but it should stay there and complete that task before going to an AI Order. Or perhaps you can add a menu of some sort where we define a transport/supply units priorities so some will be specifically tasked with moving to resupply ships in need rather than transporting units themselves.

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”