ministers overrule my changes!!

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

scott19
Sergeant

ministers overrule my changes!!

Post by scott19 »

region ai should be fixed to take players changes as law. they can tweek but not counter a decision the player makes. for instance i set the unit none on independent action and the ai minister set it at low and charged my naval task force right up into the enemies shore where they where all wiped out. this counter activity cant be tolerated. i almost dont want to play anymore. another thing is regional ai should also be asking and giving stuff not just sitting like a bump on a log. seems like the ai does a huge buildup and throws everything at you. not realistic. wars usually start slow and small. the military reaction should be in proportion to the importance of the reason for the conflict. this way you can enjoy a low intensity conflict or insurgency and then develop into a hot war. tech research takes too long and is restricted by how much you can invest in it. the game usually doesnt last long enough for small regions to make any progress at all in the research department. this should be fixed. half the research time please. game would have the element that you originally intended if you do decrease research times. when i went to war in every senario everybody went to war against me. ai should warn first like in real life and if you take appropriate steps war is averted. if not then it is war. there should be a way to negociate in world market to elicite aid during war or explain why you must go to war and world market ai does not shut you off completely unless the target is very important to them. regions out of favor with world market should not be protected by world market with sactions for military action against them and there should be a way to tell by the level of relations between regions including world market to see if you can go to war without damaging repurcussions that shut your country down and prevent a good ol war. some or all of these issues should really be addressed soon. i am losing some interest in the game. please pass this on to someone who can make a difference in the game. thanks.
all roads lead to rome!!!
George Geczy
General

Re: ministers overrule my changes!!

Post by George Geczy »

scott19 wrote:region ai should be fixed to take players changes as law. they can tweek but not counter a decision the player makes. for instance i set the unit none on independent action and the ai minister set it at low and charged my naval task force right up into the enemies shore where they where all wiped out.
This shouldn't happen, but there seem to still be some places where a zero initiative does not entirely lock out the AI. However, I would also point out that the AI looks at two settings - the overall military initiative you give it (set in the first panel of the OPS section), and the individual unit's initiative setting. The overall setting is the most important one to set to zero if you don't want the AI to take over some units.

We are also looking at additional ways to adjust this in the future, including more options to lock the AI out of units. Right now this can be done on a unit-by-unit basis using the 'AI lock' in the top right of the unit popup screen.
another thing is regional ai should also be asking and giving stuff not just sitting like a bump on a log. seems like the ai does a huge buildup and throws everything at you. not realistic. wars usually start slow and small. the military reaction should be in proportion to the importance of the reason for the conflict. this way you can enjoy a low intensity conflict or insurgency and then develop into a hot war.
The AI's actions in these areas vary a lot from scenario to scenario. Some scenarios will find the AI playing very defensively, others not. As well, in some scenarios the AI regions are very co-operative and interested in trade, in others this is not the case.
tech research takes too long and is restricted by how much you can invest in it. the game usually doesnt last long enough for small regions to make any progress at all in the research department. this should be fixed. half the research time please. game would have the element that you originally intended if you do decrease research times.
This could be debated both ways, but it might not be a bad idea to offer a lobby start-up option (like we do with difficulty and starting funds, etc) to allow you to set your research speed preferences. I've made note of this on our wishlist.
when i went to war in every senario everybody went to war against me. ai should warn first like in real life and if you take appropriate steps war is averted. if not then it is war.
There has been discussion about better communication from AIs when they don't like you, etc, we're looking at this area.
there should be a way to negociate in world market to elicite aid during war or explain why you must go to war and world market ai does not shut you off completely unless the target is very important to them. regions out of favor with world market should not be protected by world market with sactions for military action against them and there should be a way to tell by the level of relations between regions including world market to see if you can go to war without damaging repurcussions that shut your country down and prevent a good ol war.
We did add a lot of these elements in Update 2, where we added a new diplomacy info panel where you could see the level of World support that each region gets. In general, if you have a high 'belli' (justifcation for war) against a region, and they have low-to-middle World support, then you can attack them with very little repercussions from the World Market. Other regions will look at this act based on how they felt about you and the region you attacked, but those relationships can also be seen using the diplomacy/relations panel.

There is still debate in our dev team about just how much certain actions should result in consequences, and that is something that continues to be looked at.
please pass this on to someone who can make a difference in the game. thanks.
Consider your ideas 'passed along'. We are definitely interested in feedback on SR2010, and we continue to work on making it better. Thanks for the comments.

-- George.
scott19
Sergeant

thanks

Post by scott19 »

thanks George for addressing my issues. the game just gets better and better. look forward to the next updates
all roads lead to rome!!!

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”