You should not be able to win without a military

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

xhxi558

You should not be able to win without a military

Post by xhxi558 »

My housemate won the Australia sceario as NSW, not such a big deal, but with 12 months to go he sold off all his military with wars going on around him. Surely this should have been as a red rag to a bull. No military, easy pickings.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Well that is the beuty of this game. Having very good relations with your naibour (resulting in low casius beli) can serve as much as a good protection, as a army. Howerver I agree that their should be some penalties, especialy in the militairy. THey don't like you selling all they toys. conseqently you militairy appoval rating should go down. In a dictorial or communist regime this could even result into hostile take over by your militairy
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It will be interesting to see if what he did is still possible with the new AI code when it is set on the hardest level. We (Dev team) have all been playing the game extensivly the last 3 weeks during the final testing for update 3 and we all agree that the new AI code is much more... interesting :) It is much more aggressive and will now chance to move out much farther from its bases. Australia might still be a hard one, with all the deserts and open spaces it is often possible to create DMZs between you and an enemy that the AI sees and suicide to try and cross and finds no way around it. Especially if you have an ally on one side as a buffer.

I'll use Australia for the next test game I do and see what I find.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote:Australia might still be a hard one, with all the deserts and open spaces it is often possible to create DMZs between you and an enemy that the AI sees and suicide to try and cross and finds no way around it.
DZM? what is that?

question, will the new AI be able to use supply trucks effectily so they wont run out of juice once they reached their maximum driving range? Currenly thiw is one of the main reasons why the AI is very easy to beat, you simply let them self run dry and you can kill them like goats
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

DMZ = DeMilitarized Zone
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The AI use of supply trucks is not one of the things I've noticed changed, but George would have to say for sure. I suspect there has been no change in that area yet.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”