Odd trade advantage

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

red
General

Odd trade advantage

Post by red »

I have stumbled on an odd trading situation which is to the AI's disadvantage. It only seems to work when a region is wealthy and has reasonably good diplo ratings, but nonetheless...
*Load South Asia as Japan
*Offer and request an Embassy or similar treaty with a China or Taiwan, as they have large treasuries and workable ratings towards you; they will probably respond with a request for some money, 3bn in one case.
*Make a counter-offer with the sum of their treasury added (15bn); they will counter-offer you again with a bit more money (9bn total), but nowhere near enough to offset what you are asking.
*Accept and you would, in this case, profit by 6bn
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You can do this with Saudi Arabia also. I thought it was an "agenda" thing,because they also offer you money for no real reason(money for free) IF your ratings with them are good.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I can get AI to offer me money for nothing in exchange in many scenerios but it requires going bankrupt or bordering on debt for awhile

I haven't been in the situation recently but if I remember correctly I was self sufficient (or had huge surpluses were needed) and was in debt beyond bonds and constantly losing money and after a while the AI allies would bail me out. I'm positive I had Benulux offer me this once when I was West Germany because I actually tried for it to happen and exploited it by buying lots of stock for goods which caused me to go into large debt without killing the economy than once I recieved a payment I'd sell the required stocks of goods to clear my debt(they'd only offer me 1 but if I got out of debt did the same thing after a descent time absence they would offer again)

So Tokobo your probably right about it being agenda related.
red
General

Post by red »

Those are perhaps issues in their own right, but the problem here is that the AI's sense of worth is off, and it went from demanding money from me to offering me money.

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”