Harder AI desperatly needed, don't care if it cheats!

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

red
General

Post by red »

Leafgreen wrote:What about unit upkeep costs? One way that may help balance the difference between gauss rifle tanks vs garrisons and mortars may be to raise the upkeep costs substantially for elite and modern units.
If you open the unit dialog by double-clicking on any unit, you will see, at the bottom, this unit's yearly upkeep cost.
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

Nearly a year since I posted my AI suggestion. BG never responded to it and are still having problems.

http://www.battlegoat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5279

Short coming of the AI just killed the game for me. I came by hoping for a change.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Texas, thanks for bringing your original post 'back to the surface'. It certainly has some interesting ideas in it, and a couple of them are slowly making their way into the AI.

Unfortunately this is mostly happening on the defensive side, as for offense the AI tends to focus a bit differently - the trick is to add things that will not make the AI fall into 'traps' all over the place.

The AI is evolving as time goes by. It took humans millions of years to evolve, hopefully the AI will take less :-)

(We won't even get into the discussion of whether the AI is "Intelligent Design" or not :-) )

-- George.

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”