Loyalty of captured hexes

Discuss examining Terain, Cities, Industries, Bases, Units and Hex Development here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jurek
Corporal

Loyalty of captured hexes

Post by Jurek »

How can I change the loyalty of captured hexes? Even when I conquered New England in NortheEast NewYork campaign, they still were loyal to the nonexistent country.
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

Sorry, but you're out of luck: "Hail the Conquering Hero" is only popular on your side of the previous border. :D
It would be a nice feature I guess, but keep in mind the timespan isn't that long. Unless your game goes on for a freakishly long time, the same generation that was alive at the begining of the game is generally alive at the end too, so I wouldn't expect their nationalisms to change too much.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

He is correct, loyalty does not current change in a given scenario. In campaign the loyalty is different with each new scenario within the campaign.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
radiatek
Sergeant

Post by radiatek »

Balthagor wrote:He is correct, loyalty does not current change in a given scenario.
Ok so foreign hexes should have negative modifiers for production if i undertood well how loyalty works.

But what's about loyalty when the former owner have been crushed and wiped out from the map? In example, in WIII, when we conquer a country and defeat (eliminate) another country, did we get a malus to production even if the owner country is history?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

yes, the penatly is for territory not being loyal to you. It does not matter who it is actually loyal too.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
radiatek
Sergeant

Post by radiatek »

So we can never expect a full productivity from foreign hexes even if we have crushed the owner?
red
General

Post by red »

That's right. From a practical perspective, the solution is to build whatever possible excess capacity in your own territory and later deactivate captured industry.

Return to “Land and Terrain”