Supply and Bases

Discuss examining Terain, Cities, Industries, Bases, Units and Hex Development here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Noble713
Captain

Supply and Bases

Post by Noble713 »

Ok, I know that it is cheaper to operate 1 large base than it is to operate 2 medium ones, but how about the effect on supply?

For example, which will have a greater effect on the surrounding industries:

1. 2 medium bases 6 hexes apart
2. 1 large base halfway between where the 2 medium bases were

In most of my games I try to maximize the efficiency of everything, from my production to the organization and distribution of my military, no matter how much time or money it takes to do so. Nevertheless, building larger military bases from scratch is rather costly, and I want to make sure it's the right course of action before undertaking it en masse. I play the World map almost exclusively (still waiting for that 32-player version!), usually as Russia. That's a LOT of military bases to reorganize.
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I've not done extensive testing so I can't be sure I'm 100% accurate on which is truly better, but I can say for sure the supply strength of a large base is much higher. Having two med bases may give you more supply coverage area in square km, but a large base will mean the strength of the supply within supplied hexes will be greater. This does also mean that supply will reach farther as it decreases over distance and the large base would be starting from a higher point. At what exact distance it is better to have 2 med instead of one large, I don't know.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Bases & Supply

Post by Eric Larsen »

SPC Noble,
Don't forget that the size of a base determines it's level of supply. A large level 3 base gives a higher supply percentage than a medium base which therefore means an increased supply range. If supply is of primary concern rather than unit building then you should try building a supply depot. It's much cheaper and gives off the same supply level as a level 3 base.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

hello

sry the stupid question but military bases use
- electricity
- water
- food

???
konan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

no, they don't use any resources. The resources the bases would be using are considered part of your overall domestic demand.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Land and Terrain”