Working realated to Gender

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

Can you for example forbid women to work and make them stay home to raise kids? I know it sound sexist :smile: Hitler did it.

And during war since the guys will be fighting to drag the women in the factories? Things like that, make them availible as decrees
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

no, nothing like this I'm afraid.
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

What? No all female amazonian army and a bunch of guys staying at home playing computer gameeeeeerrr minding the kids, yes that's it, minding the kids.

/Steelsky
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I like this idea ^^^^^^^^^^.

Not for the game,but for real life.
That is if we drop the "kids" part :smile:
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

When I designed the Conscription / Coed Combat Screen, George wanted me to put in an option for an Amazon Women Army (they would have had to all be Green-Eyed Red-Haired Serving Wenches too :grin: )

Sorry to report though... this just didn't make it into the game. (We bowed to Political Correctness :wink: )
BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

hmm what about an unofficial patch that will distribute secretly
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Fish Speakers anyone?
Aurore
Warrant Officer

Post by Aurore »

n/t
Last edited by Aurore on Dec 07 2004, edited 1 time in total.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

By selecting 'Co-ed Combat' in our military soldiers options, SR2010 does treat the use of women in combat roles in a very modern way. It increases the available volunteer/conscription pool, but doesn't double it (since more women than men would avoid or be unfit for combat roles). It does also have a negative civilian approval effect (the body bags stuff). For the more traditional army, you can pick non-co-ed.

As mentioned above, David didn't let me include an option for an all-female army :-)

-- George.
Aurore
Warrant Officer

Post by Aurore »

n/t
Last edited by Aurore on Dec 07 2004, edited 1 time in total.
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

I really think that the concepts of culture and religion (as outlined above most eloquently by Aurore) would add to the scope and range of the game. :) The broad categories presented should be sufficiently vague to prevent undue hostility from religious pressure groups.

I really hope that Chris, David and George will give this matter the attention that it deserves. :)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

The game design does include religion, culture and similar elements, but in the last few updates of the design these were toned down significantly. There are so many things to be worrying about already, it didn't fit very well into the gameplay.

So right now religion is used a bit in the background, to determine how compatible regions are with each other (ie for loyalty shifts, etc). We might bring back a stronger religion element in future versions, if there is interest in it.

-- George.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”