paying bills when solidly in the red ?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

paying bills when solidly in the red ?

Post by tkobo »

Okay, i know somethings continue to be paid even though there is no money.

What im curious about is if there is an order that decides which segments that are not continued automatically as deficent spending,are paid for out of the funds available.

Is the money evenly split ?

Are some expenditures given precedence over others ? etc....

Also, on the topic of the expenditures that continue even though the cash doesnt exist to pay for them,how odes the research expenditure work in this case ?

IE- Im broke, but i still have money allocated to be spent on research.
The rules state that research spending continues creating deficit spending.
So,my question is ,is the amount of spending adjusted in any way due to the fact that it is funded by deficit spending ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I'm pretty sure research spending does not continue once you go into the red. The ETA for the techs usually quadruples or so once I get down near the "broke-point" and then, once I'm in the red for a bit, goes to "unknown," so I have to assume that funding is cut out, though I notice it still is listed in the expenses report.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You are correct about research. It is halted as well as unit and facility construction.

Once you're in the red completly it will be seen in the expense report if you look at budget expenses, not actual expenses (small button top right)

as for the priority of deficit spending, I can't answer. I've sent the link to George so he can answer it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Okay, that plus the manual says it does continue plus the AI getting new techs had me thinking it maybe it did.

The AI is apparantly getting those techs from the WM than, which is a good thing.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”