Services Sector?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Noble713
Captain

Services Sector?

Post by Noble713 »

Economies in Supreme Ruler seem to be based entirely around the production and trade of physical resources. How is the services sector represented, if at all? Income from cities? I haven't played SR2010 in weeks (my computer is being shipped from overseas), but I don't recall cities making up a major portion of my economies.

Here are some stats from the CIA World Factbook entry on the US, food for thought:

GDP (purchasing power parity):
$11.75 trillion (2004 est.)

GDP - composition by sector:
agriculture: 0.9%
industry: 19.7%
services: 79.4% (2004 est.)
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
red
General

Post by red »

Non-production economic activity is covered by a value in scenario setting files. You'll never see it, but it's apparently part of GDP figures.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Nebulous service sector

Post by Eric Larsen »

I too would like to see a little more dope on the nebulous service sector. I am a proud member of that sector in real life and am puzzled that SR2010 has shorted us on that most important of economic sectors, well especially now that the US is no longer the arsenal of democracy thanks to outsourcing.

It would be nice to see construction activity so as to ascertain if raising timber domestic markup to better trade balance doesn't screw the pooch for the construction side of the service sector. I would like to see the rest of the service sector reported as one number so I can see if employment rises or lowers there.

Right now it's really hard to understand the total economy when we only see the manufacturing side of it. When unemployment rises we just don't see what sector is losing jobs and that would be really handy info to know.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”