indomalayan scenario

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

prometheus
Corporal

indomalayan scenario

Post by prometheus »

hyy all, just purchase this a week now...
actually becoz i read (and the assuming) that u can play this game through ministers, and u can choose which sector u would like to concentrate... to which personally i preferred military one.
it turn out to be a frustrating week...
i play indomalayan scenario as sulawesi. and those treasury-commerce things gives a headache...
sulawesi is having electrical shortage problem with $500M in treasury to start to, and i never survive 2 months without minus figures in treasury... (not to mention the negatives trend in domestic approval)

i already try these:
- just give the ministers my priority, (operation:none, defense:supply line, diplomatic: profit trade, commerce: maximize profit, treasury: balancing budget, interior:domestic acceptability). just last for 20 days before it is reach negatives
- i told them all to decrease spending with no success
- i go to commerce and found out that my only self sufficiency product was agriculture and timber. so it seems my expense go to electricity. to make it worse, the red numbers on trade balance report begin to show up on petroleum after 15 days, followed by water and then ore.
- i try to build new oil power plant, but it take 100 days to finish, while all the production will be put on hold when treasury number reaching negatives (at the end of first month)..., it is also accelerate the industrial goods shortage.

i have one hydro power plant with NO SUPPLY tag on it, what should i do about it?

can anybody tell me how to solve this problem? or maybe someone has play this scenario, and succeed passing through the first 3 month without endup with negative number in treasury...?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

3 month game time is relatively short in this game...

Don't build new structures in the begin of the game.
Look if you are able to UPGRADE industry....
And certainly don't build oil powerplants unless you are
completly self sufficient in your oil industry...

Why has your hydro dam no supply... ???
Did you cut in your -infrastructure- cost or scrapped military bases ..
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

Sulawesi's tough, because it starts the game very highly in debt (at 20% interest). You need positive cashflow, but you also need to fully fund infrastructure (set at 100% of recommended level, and lock it).
I had a go at it, and built lots of agriculture industries at prime locations - cheap, and they provided much needed export income (to go towards balancing the budget). I also built a few water works, to provide more export income, and located a spot where I could build oil wells (this was expensive but they are good - they provide employment and helped reduce the trade deficit further).
You can't just play Sulawesi and let it drift, because the unemployment and trade deficit are too high to be economically viable. I've built up, six months in, and I've got unemployment down to under 6% with positive cashflow. It wasn't easy, but I plan to see if I can grow further - becoming a naval power will be tough because the economy/population are so small (relative to regional powers such as the Javan countries and Malaysia) but I might be able to conquer New Guinea, then turn west to Borneo, then south to Java. That's all pie in the sky at present of course :)
prometheus
Corporal

Post by prometheus »

thanks...

@bigstone:
no supply hydro dam is a set up for sulawesi-indomalayan scenario :(

@lordrune:
thanks for the tips.. but could u be more specific please.. when i build more agriculture to export in mind what should i set?
how d'u solve your electricity shortage?
do u build any research center?
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

The electricity shortage solves itself, so long as your infrastructure funding is at 100% and your cashflow's positive.

Cut your efficiency spending so that it's not more than, say, 3 or 4 million for all your production total (you can increase later on). Aside from that, I guess it's a matter of playing with the settings.

You could try an easier country to start with - Sulawesi's one of the tougher ones I've seen yet.

edit - one tip I forgot when starting out: Sulawesi's got a fleet of a few frigates scattered around, which you can sell for a bit of cash which you can use to build up your agriculture exports. You don't need them because Sulawesi doesn't get in wars, unless you're aggressive. Military's something you can look at building later - I'm thinking about it myself now that I've got GDP/c at 3500+ and growing, unemployment at 3%, and I'm getting profits on trade and sales (DAR's at 34%).
prometheus
Corporal

Post by prometheus »

well, i think it would work... thx again
prometheus
Corporal

Post by prometheus »

hey lordrune, now that i became the most economic power in this region, i want to start military campaign... do u have any tips what to do?

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”