Liberal vs conservative

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

FastBoy101
Captain

Liberal vs conservative

Post by FastBoy101 »

In the manual, there isn't much detailing on the subject, and I didn't see a topic about that around.

Alright, conservatives favor diminishment of taxes especially for the wealthier ones, liberal balances the "who pays what" for poor ones.

It's quite a complex picture and I don't know what could be or not be into the game's mecanics. Just for example, what's for conservative ministers (and opposite for liberals)?
- A greater rich-poor separation?
- A greater demand for consumer goods?
- A majority whose caracteristics are more dependent on social programs?
- Lesser/higher specialization of basic workers over time?
- More/less self-relying and endurant population?
- etc

Thanks.
Big stuff from K5
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

Not precise enough, I knew more than that already :wink:

I want to know the effect on the economy. If I go more conservative, will I get a greater demand for consumer goods?
Will I see the hierarchy of my society being less elastic and permitting low-wage workers to specialize?
Will I see the opposite, and people taking matters in their own hands?
Will my middle-class devide in some wealthy and unwealthy, bringing some societal gap with more "basic unspecialized workers"?

This is to which extent I wanna know how it works in SR2010...

PS: Anyone managed to create stagflation in one of his games? I just thought about that :P
Big stuff from K5
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

It's just an opinion, really.

Post by Il Duce »

It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference which appelation the minister bears. Find ministers that have characteristics [the bar grafs] that meet your needs and use them. Notably, the initiative and integrity bars seems to be meaningful.

Be open-minded.

For instance, adopt a feminist policy and hire only women. Who knows, it might work [turns out I have more and more women on staff than men, although, surprise-surprise, men turn out to be better at defense and operations].

Also - try not to think of this game as modelling your reality too closely. Think about the cultural background of your region and try to imagine who would survive and thrive in the government there.

Don't hesitate to change ministers as either their performance disappoints you OR as your region enters different phases of development.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”