Bean Counting

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Bean Counting

Post by Il Duce »

A couple of vague questions/observations on patch 3;

Bookkeeping: It seems as though deficit consumptions are not hitting the books - specifically IGoods. While incautiously upgrading a petro plant or two [having accumulated an IGood surplus to back up the process], I noticed that IGood consumption was exceeding production [as expected], and that the deficit was indeed a build cost. However, IGood surplus was not being charged (the surplus seems to remain constant) AND I never hit a shortage condition. Perhaps this was because the daily deficit was relatively small? Slippage?

Growth: I am also noticing that immigration is much easier to stimulate [it's not too hard to keep the green arrow lit for sustained periods] than in ver2. Along with that, while I am hitting inflation rates above 5%, sustaining growth and DAR above those levels is nowhere near as difficult as it was previously [and immigration can be sustained as well].

As other posters have already observed, it is definitely easier to keep an economy profitable than it was in Ver2 - you do indeed have to meddle hard to sustain a downtrend.

Specific comments on the Russian Campaign [am I the only one who plays this?]: Western Siberia rebalance is dramatic - dunno if it needed all that, but it's a whole new game than it was. Need to examine the rest of the regions to see what you had in mind.

Overall, the easing up on the economy seems to be counterbalanced on the relatively severe restricting of AI diplomacy. While Belli bars aren't necessarily rising at any different rates, it is much harder to approach AI regions with diplomacy. I don't know if this is bad or good, but it definitely requires some strategic rethinking from the start.

WM cash: I have now received three cash gifts from the WM [previously very rare], in the form of 90 days payments of 3Million. I am wondering where these would show up in the accounting. They don't really seem to appear anywhere in income statements or diplomacy, or maybe I just don't know what I'm seeing.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
BigStone
General

Re: Bean Counting

Post by BigStone »

Il Duce wrote:Overall, the easing up on the economy seems to be counterbalanced on the relatively severe restricting of AI diplomacy. While Belli bars aren't necessarily rising at any different rates, it is much harder to approach AI regions with diplomacy.
Hmmm... i have some opposite feelings about that.
I'm not sure cause i'm playing a unfamiliar map with update #3 (Mongolia).
But i've absolutly no problems in making friends with the AI regions.

Cheers
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

hogwash

Post by Il Duce »

Maybe it's my mouthwash.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Russia Campaign is slightly Violent...

Maybe thats why its harder to 'Buddy Up' with the AI.

I recommend Georgia btw within the first couple of months its best to go to war... with Armenia and Azerbijan but just make sure ur buddy buddy with North Caus... The Chechnians... or to put it bluntly they'll pound u into the ground....
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Hmmm... Consternation

Post by Il Duce »

Well, I have at least gotten to the bottom of my original confusion -
Update 3 installation sets production counts to ANNUALIZED values, and I had always been using DAILY values. Just one of those annoying "change is good" things.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”