Explain trade balance please!

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Semper Fi
Corporal

Explain trade balance please!

Post by Semper Fi »

Everyday I notice that my previous days trade balance is a positive (I sell more than I buy) yet my budgeted trade surplus/deficit is always in the red and it seems to be getting bigger! How could that be since I thought the budgeted figures represent a twelve month "If everything remains the same" kind of calculation. Is that litle weasel of a minister importing things behind my back without me knowing about it? Too bad you decided not to let us sack those guys that do us wrong :P
red
General

Post by red »

You can replace the Minister if you want, and it can actually have a pretty dramatic effect.

I don't know why your budgeted trade is always a deficit, but it's not something I would worry about. Previous day trade is the only figure I watch.
Iacabo
Sergeant

Post by Iacabo »

My budgeted trade is always in the red is well and it never stops :-(
Ehue! mortuus prope est.
Semper Fi
Corporal

Post by Semper Fi »

I guess as long as I keep a positive trade balance I'll be ok. However, the problem that might arise with it always showing as a deficit (when there probabaly isn't one) is if you have some minister on auto pilot who is trying to balance the budget. As a result he has to raise taxes or cut spending to make up for that budgeted phantom deficit. This then could affect DAR, research, and so on and so on.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Seems to me as though your going to have to experiment with different priorities&locks for ministers and be involved in different things

One of the great things about this game is that by adjusting the various ministers you can find out ways of getting the AI to do some things depending on what you want them to do just by mixing and matching the priorities and locks and ofcourse by your own actions.

Than "<ctrl> s" type a name that will remind you of the way the goverment is set up,( eg "warPrep1") and you've got that whole set up just by another <ctrl> L
Aaberg
Sergeant

Re: Explain trade balance please!

Post by Aaberg »

Semper Fi wrote:Everyday I notice that my previous days trade balance is a positive (I sell more than I buy) yet my budgeted trade surplus/deficit is always in the red and it seems to be getting bigger!
I don't know this for sure, but i noticed 2 things:
1) When i am using my stocks (say petrol) this doesn't seems to be taken into account when budgetted trade balance is calculated
2) Budgettede trade balance always seem so be a "conservative" estimate, alltough this might just be a result of the way i have been playing.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Explain trade balance please!

Post by ozmono2005 »

Aaberg wrote::
1) When i am using my stocks (say petrol) this doesn't seems to be taken into account when budgetted trade balance is calculated
2) Budgettede trade balance always seem so be a "conservative" estimate, alltough this might just be a result of the way i have been playing.
1) Are you also accounting for the new stocks being imported or produced
2) I often found this too however their are many reasons that I suspect were responsiable non of which I can confirm to be reasonable assumptions
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Industary, Industary, Industary!!!

Build Industary all the others (Exept Oil and Power) are cheap or Not really that damaging to your economy if u import them...

Plus its the easiest way to get rich (and send yourself into inflation if ya not careful) but still...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”