Allow us to tax more!

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Allow us to tax more!

Post by The_Blind_One »

I think we should be able to tax more than just 100%, I noticed that if u can't meet demand u can go higher than 100% but I think it should be possible to go above 100% even if you meet demand.

It's only logical, because there is no real limitation in the world wich prohibits u from taxing more than 100% :roll: because u urself are the goverment, so if u tax to much u should feel it in ur DAR :P, so come on BG give us more tax! say? 300% :D

I'm making a mod with cheap oil, but I'd like the western european countries to tax the shahiba out of oil :D like we do in real life :), but I can't tax more than 100% :( wich makes me a sad panda! :cry:

So how can I raise the tax? :D and if I can't, can u guys fix this for update #3? :D
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

100% doesn't say you tax your economy/people by 100%, it means it is 100% of alloweble tax (for this game).
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Can you clarify a bit here?

Are you asking about taxing the people more - then you are in the treasury department.

When you mention demand I am drawn to thoughts of the production departrment when talking about supply and demand of resources.

The bar for overall taxes in the "treasury department" when at 100% is 100% of the level we allow in the game.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Ooops sorry, I meant domestic markup :) it doesn't allow us to mark it up more than 100% :-) unless ur not meeting demand :evil: than it allows u to have a higher domestic markup than 100%

It should allow easily for 300%
Last edited by The_Blind_One on Sep 19 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I agree. We should be able to charge our people ANYTHING we want.
Missiles!! Nukes!
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Baloogan wrote:I agree. We should be able to charge our people ANYTHING we want.
Agreed, we should not have any restrictions on the amount that we tax on our goods or whatever :D
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Because we are using sliders there is always an upper limit... so to say you should be able to charge anything will simply not be considered. As you increase a certain price your people demand less and also start to dislike your government. So there needs to be an end point to calculate a reasonable response to your actions of marking up the prices.

If you want to get more money out of your people there is anther way to do this... reduce the money you are speding on industy efficiency. This will raise the cost to produce the good and when you have the domestic markup maxed out the dollar amount will be higher because 100% markup of $20 is $40... and 100% markup of $30 is $60.
The_Blind_One wrote:I think we should be able to tax more than just 100%, I noticed that if u can't meet demand u can go higher than 100% but I think it should be possible to go above 100% even if you meet demand.
As for the % amount allowed... I just looked at a game and I could markup some products to 126% when I was over producing (more capacity than my demand) ... so I don't know what numbers you are looking at. What map, what region, what product?
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

well in general, u can't tax more than 100% if ur meeting demand (most importently in oil and consumer products) but if ur below demand u can ask more.

also u say that taxing to much should hinder ur population, ofcourse it should, but we should be allowed to see how much we can tax, then if population trust in the goverment becomes to low, well then can't u just bring up all kinds of nasty side-effects? that's already in-game so setting an artificial limitation is kinda rediculous.

Also I found that u can bypass this rule itself by messing with the playerset value files, :), so having this restriction itself is utterly rediculous :D

Let us tax more! something like 300% should do :D
red
General

Post by red »

On North Korea, with its GDP/c of about 1300, you can set domestic markup to 700-900%. :D
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

red wrote:On North Korea, with its GDP/c of about 1300, you can set domestic markup to 700-900%. :D
Thanks for veryfing that :)

This proves my conclusion, allow us to give a bigger markup, if people can't afford it no more, they should rebel, it's just like we have in europe, we GOT HUGE tax on petrolium, if the goverment wants that, then so be it, don't artificially make a cap on that. :roll:
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

People, just create ur own playerset file and u can set taxes to any level u want!!! (prepare for DAR hits though)

I got consumer goods on 400% :D
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

In my montengro scenario i got it up to 250%

was very nice when my gdpç exploded :D
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Eh? i've managed to get my mark-up above 100% with western Countries...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

CptBritish wrote:Eh? i've managed to get my mark-up above 100% with western Countries...
Yes but try it with consumer goods or petrol, it can be done, but I doubt u can do it till 200%, and if ur meeting demand it's even harder to ask for more than 100% 8O

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”