How to get money

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

don don
Warrant Officer

How to get money

Post by don don »

I'm playing Germany campaign with Hungary. I never have money, always around +/-. Once I managed to get 20,000M but than got fighting and lost it. So I lowered my research from about 140,000M to 0. Instead of money flowing in, it started flowing out more than before!
I saw that you guys have billions and billions. How can I do that?
don don
Warrant Officer

Post by don don »

And what causes unit production(like eletric power) cost to increas? And what influences domestic prices?
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

I found pretty hard to make money in maps with 30000gpd countries, the profit by exports are so slow, anyway in maps like south america and china i make trillions pretty easy by exports, you should try it.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

if you lower your amount spend on high paid jobs like research! your gdp/c will drop, simply because they are high paid jobs. The funny thing is with increasing your investment inr esearch you can propell your gdp/c forwards on this investment 'alone'.

Your first and foremost priority is to increase the domestic markup on all goods sold to your people.
Flip through the screens and you will easily find it, it IS in the production department. Increase this number, your domestic sales make more money for you (thus income) then your taxes!
Dont set taxes over 60%, because your people will cry about to high prices! (and you want those up).

A war will always have a negative impact on your economy. You have extra expenses for the military alone! AND!! you will have to make more and probably import more military goods, real killer!

Give the smallest amount of money to your immediate neighbours and ask nothing inr eturn (all in diplo department, with the box nothing checked), iot will hold the AI player off a bit longer, about 1% per 'bribe' for the causes belli meter (the AI's holy grail in this respect for declaring war).

Last try to be sulfsufficient in at least commercial and industrial goods and try to sell these. And look for what more you can produce yourself.
Remember the more you build the more industrial goods is needed to build those buidlings!

good luck

You can make a good amoutn fo money in the germany scenario (playing it myself) and still win the wars.
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Yes you can make a quite stable economy (with a gdp grown of 2 or 3 maximum) with heavy research, heavy domestic mark up , middle taxes and a few more than recommended social services. Oh and exporting so dont let your WM ration falls to much.

Why such small gdp grown, well if gdp grow to fast you gonna loose control about inflation and unemployment.
don don
Warrant Officer

Post by don don »

It worked. I got 300,000M in notime!
Thanks
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

No problem ;)

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”