Define free trade

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Define free trade

Post by Medalmorph »

I'm sort of new to the game so i don't really know what does it mean by free trade, is it like if you have free trade with another region, that region will buy goods from you over competitor?? I'm also not sure how to make a diplomatic trade with a surplus. Because everytime i offered other nations for example: 50.00M of Peutroleum worth, lets say 971.00M, if i request even 971.01M, they will reject it!!! So i hope someone who's an expert at this know the answers to these 2 questions. Thanks in advance, Medal.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Free trade = not paying ex- or import duties.

For your last question... maybe you are to expensive or that regions has
enough of that stuff...
And how are you diplo standings with that region.. ?

Cheers
Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Post by Medalmorph »

THey are my allies, and their diplomatic ratings and their people loves me. But the question is not about my stuff being too expensive. I play UK in the europe campaign and last time i checked Germany have 81,000M in their treasury and it only have me as allied and it's entirely dependent on imported oil... My price is at 47.26/UNIT but the market price is 62.19/UNIT. And i noticed that all the diplomatic trade will be base on your cost not the market price. And can you clarify what you mean by free trade again? I'm not sure if its the same as the real world free trade as in allowing foreign company to open plants in your nation. Please clarify! Thanks in advance, Medal.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

about that diplomatic offering you did, i dont know why but it doesnt work that way. If it is not free then the AI player will mostly not accept it.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”