Economic rising and GDP /c question

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

happyreadygo
Corporal

Economic rising and GDP /c question

Post by happyreadygo »

When I play in Ociania as Philiphin. The country are stronger and excess of supply but Australia is high dept and no resource , yet Australia still 2 time higher in GDP/c .

GDP/c depend on how much The Country 's begining value more than economic management?
what percent effective is the best of production?
what the best %markup for internal sell price?
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

The GDP/c depends on the economy as a whole. When it goes into red the economy doesnt break down at once (look at the USA now, it is stacking debt upon debt), most times the 'world' pays for it.
The measurement of the GDP/c in that sense indeed does depened on startign avlues. Because as in the real world, Australia has a larger economy then the Philipines do.

Second: The efficiency slider is a much debated issue. The books are still not closed on that one, what the best setting for the slider is is not known. Do a simple search on efficiency and production and read through it.
1/3 is maybe a sort of recommendation. If you dont get it, let your minister handle it!

Third: the best markup for internal prices is also dependend on your tax settings.
If you tax high (over 60%) raising your internal prices will soon be followed by an email tellign you the population cant buy this and that because they lack the funds to get them. This means they will also buy less, so your factories produce less, means less taxes etc etc, thus generally you are in a downward economic spiral.

Setting the value at about 50% and then raising your internal prices is what i do and still i think the best way.
A general value i cannot recommend, it dpeends on what your economy can handle. Start somewhere (maybe 50%) and then see if your budget is negative, then raise some, like the non-food stuff and see what ahppens.

It also part of the fun to figure these things out, where you can take your econmy and where you break it :D.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”