About the economic model

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chaim
Major

About the economic model

Post by Chaim »

Hey guys i an probabily missing something, i have seen lot of postswhen people made their countries economy go up to 45.000 gdp, i cant even get up to 10.000 (south america map) without raising the inflation to te skies, can someone please make a walktrough about making this awesome economic model.
By the way, how to make a good economy in the world map? (without the WM things get harder).
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Okay read the economic posts that I made around these places.

if ur unemployment is 3% and ur gdp/c is 5000...then u can NEVER EVER EVER get to 30.000 gdp/c while mantaining 3% unemployment.

Okay I will say this ONE MORE TIME!!! (people plz ******* read my posts about the economy, it's all true what I post)

(these 2 countries are playing the same map)
ur country A, gdp/c 5.000, unemployment 5%, inflation 5%
he is country B, gdp/c 30.000, unemployment 5%, inflation 5%

if ur country A...u'll never be able to get 30.000, because u START the game with 5.000, the game CALCULATES ur unemployment and inflation depending on the DIFFERENCE between ur STARTING gdp/c and ur CURRENT gdp/c.

so if u START the scenario with 5.000 gdp/c and u now have 6.000 gdp/c it doesn't matter what u do, your unemployment will ALWAYS be lower than what u had at the beginning of the game and ur inflation will ALWAYS be higher than what u had at the beginning of the game, the reverse works aswell.

so if u start the map with 5.000 gdp/c and u now have 7.500 gdp/c ur economy is at 150% because 5.000 x 1.5 = 7.500

if ur economy is at 150% then it will HIRE more people, wich means LESS unemployment, wich means MORE inflation....ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the reverse works aswel

u CANT grow ur economy to 10.000 (if u start with 5.000) and have the same unemployment. U can't do this if you let the game go for 1 year, u can't do that if u let the game go for 100 years...the game ONLY looks at what u STARTED with, and what u have NOW. It doesn't give a **** if you have 500 very inefficient timber plants producing a total of $50.000 worth of timber or just 1 consumer plant producing $50.000 worth of consumer goods. For the game it employs the same amount of people. EXCEPT u pay more maintenance cost with 500 inefficient timber plants and thus ur economy is less PROFITABLE.

But the game only looks at how much money ur spending in ur country...so it wouldn't care if you have one million timber industries or one timber industry working verry efficiently aslong as they produce the same amount of value of goods it doesn't care, it employs the same amount of people.

The game compares ur starting gdp/c with ur gdp/c that u have now...if ur above, your unemployment will drop, inflation will rise, if ur below, ur unemployment will rise, ur inflation will drop.

I know this is hard to understand...but your economy doesn't grow...it doesn't expand...it stays the same, the only thing ur doing is FINE tuning it to make it the most PROFITABLE, and usually that ends in raising ur gdp/c and thats why everyone is complaining about inflation.

hope u understand lol

sorry BG if I sound harsh or anything. :D
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

Are you also saying that your efficiency slider does jack then to lower the amount of employed people?
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Well I'm not sure but I don't think ALL things are calculated towards ur region, like efficiency in this case.

I do believe that a direct investment in efficiency will ALWAYS lower ur unemployment, BUT sometimes the increase of efficiency means u can shut down more facilities and have higher PROFITABILITY, wich effectively means same unemployment, same gdp/c but higher NET GAINS, the thing is to find the perfect spot in this case.

Atleast that's what I believe, I'm not entirely sure, but this is what my tests have concluded.

It is very well possible that efficiency raises unemployment, but this would ONLY be possible if the efficiency that u invest is NOT calculated towards ur gdp/c, because simply anything that effects ur gdp/c positively will lower ur unemployment and raise inflation.

Basicly what I am saying is that u need to find the sweet spot for ur gdp/c combined with inflation and unemployment and then using the most profitable industries to get the most NET GAIN.

U might notice that increasing social safety net actually decreases ur unemployment PARALLEL to increasing ur gdp/c by manufacturing, aslong as both ways end at the same gdp/c then both have the same unemployment, inflation settings (aslong as other aspects don't change such as efficiency or well ANYTHING ELSE, but that's very hard to show because everything is related in the economy of this game, but just assume that nothing changes for a moment, then this case scenario would be true according to my tests), HOWEVER if you decrease ur unemployment by increasing jobs through increased production, that has more NET GAINS than simply redistributing money amongst ur population as u do with social safety increases. :D

But social safety increases do raise ur DAR, but I prefer to decrease unemployment by offering them more jobs, meaning higher NET gains :)

I wish BG could give some notes on this...

Also this will all change (according to BG) if they implement the new economic improvements meant for update 3, they will allow the region to actually grow economicly, (this simply means that they will give dynamic gdp/c settings, currently it all just looks at what ur STARTING situation is, but with the new improvements, according to what I think, they will allow ur STARTING situation to be obsolete and take a new starting situation and constantly update it throughout the game's course :) or atleast thats how I think they are going to do it, this is basicly what I did in the mapeditor.
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

This is how i make my economy stable in world map:
I an playing as south america (campaing), i made a 100% tax 100%domestic mark up and trade to raise money until the rest of world bankrupt and to finance my building, when i got 150 bil (i started with 21 bil) and my gdp drooped to 4800 i kept the taxes and domestic price and raise my social and research to recomended, 3 months passed and i growed every day 3 points in my gdp with balanced budget and keeping a 500 mil unit building, so far, so working :-) .
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

blind one, what you are actually saying is... you dont know. It should be but you dont know :D

or didnt i read it correct at 1 am...

:D

then i need to redo it tomorrow
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

haenkie wrote:blind one, what you are actually saying is... you dont know. It should be but you dont know :D

or didnt i read it correct at 1 am...

:D

then i need to redo it tomorrow
Hmmm well I know (sortoff LOL) but I just need one question answered for my final conclusion.

''Are efficiency investments counted towards ur gdp or are they negated?''

if they are negated, then it's absolutely possible to raise unemployment, well because ur actually just getting higher net gains ;)

and well if efficiency IS counted towards ur gdp/c then I guess it all just depends on that sweetspot on the efficiency slider wich effects the most net gains, and u can further tweak that by shutting down other facotory's but all u really do is try to maximise net gains one way or another. And any way u raise ur gdp/c will lower ur unemployment and raise inflation.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”