Wold Market is definitely NOT Freemarket...

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Wold Market is definitely NOT Freemarket...

Post by Il Duce »

...seems to me that even if you are being boycotted by every player on the map that the WM at the very least should take the arbitrage opportunity to buy up yer stuff at below WM prices [assuming that you have them to sell at those prices] and then make a profit selling them back to players. That would seem consistent with the backstory and with markets generally.

After all in the real world a commodity is a commodity, and the markets do not care care about anything but price discovery.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Nobody ever said the world market was a freemarket. They can boycot you aswell and then ur screwed. Besides nobody really sells their goods to neighbour regions anyway (except in worldmap) and everybody sells it to the wm anyway.

If you don't want the WM to boycot you, you should leave the WM before they can boycot you and then they will NEVER boycot you :) but they won't offer you equipment or other stuff either.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Actually, it appears to be a bug...

Post by Il Duce »

The observed phenomena occurs in the 4th day of a new scenario, and WM rating of the region is essentially neutral. It looks more like a bug to me. Have savegame for for devs.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Real world background...

Post by Il Duce »

You might want to peruse www.nymex.com for a great summary of how real world markets actually work. Following the backstory, this institution would probably be the basis for what we know and love as the WM. Also worth mentioning is www.cbot.com, especially the discussion of how bonds are actually traded. It doesn't really work the way most people think it does.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

if you leave the WM you can still buy and sell stuff from them??

huh i didnt see that in my games...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

[quote="haenkie"]if you leave the WM you can still buy and sell stuff from them??

quote]

Yup, just leave BEFORE you get boycotted.

In a current game ive had a zero WM rating for over 2 years and no boycott from them.And they by regularly from me including an 8billion dollar oil sale.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

^^ lol that 8 billion dollar sale I saw that one ''only 1/10'' LOL ;)...yeah whenever I go on the warpath, just leave the WM and ur free to do as u wish :D

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”