Tax/Domestic Sales Based Economy...

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Tax/Domestic Sales Based Economy...

Post by CptBritish »

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to build a Tax/Domestic Sales Based Economy...

I can build a trade based economy easy and make billions upon billions but when it comes to controlling western nations (even my Beloved England) I can't seem to make the Economies work for long...

Help please?
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Well i gues you should start to become completly self-sufficient..

Cheers
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

thats what i do i become self sufficient and then most of what i get in is domestic sales. It helps also to increase your tech spendings a bit each week or so. Tkobo use dthis start and got it off te groudn to get a huge GDP and load sof income
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I find that you can create a tax/domestic sales based economy ,but it is a much smaller econonomy than a trade or research driven one.

It also seems to depend extremely heavily on a low gdp/c ,a negative inflation and an unemployment in the 8%+.

I once got one to circa 30% unemployment AND circa -30 inflation with a gdp/c of circa 8k.

The key is too keep your usual prime expense-production cost- below that of your income.Its hard to keep it so and takes alot of management.
I found myself making adjustments to production on a daily basis when i was taking land from an enemy as it messed with above numbers.
As yes, you must be extremely self-sufficient.Even when your economy has to absord the changes that occur during a war being won- increased population- gdp/c fluctuation-resource and good production fluctuation and of course production cost changes due to the above.

I find its one of the harder economy types to run and maintain ,and gives the lowest rewards for your efforts.
However, it can be the near perfect economy choice for smaller regions .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

The reason it gives the least rewards is because ur not getting anymore money than you have.

With exports, u actually BRING IN money, with tax/domestic sales, u just pump the money around ur country. With exporting u can live of the richer, with this economy u live of ur own :) :D
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Cheers everyone... I just want to make the Countries on the World map beable to run live off themselves cus they always go into the red (Puffs) then I can Buy sh*t off them, Sell sh*t etc...

Once they've got money that is...

I've tried the Research Driven Economy but that is another thing I can't get to work...

I put an extra 100-400mil in and my money goes down :o obviously but ahhh be ok i supposed i'll learn...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

That would be great CptBritish.

If you can manage to do it take alot of notes and post them.It would be a very interesting look into the economy.

I find that the reason the AI regions economies tank ,is that thier resource and goods need grows beyond what they can sustain.

I dont see how this can be fixed in the long run without making the AI fight to take resource specific land and build facilities as needed.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Tomar
Sergeant

It works

Post by Tomar »

Well I did it in Africa... started with Morocco and ate up my neighbors one by one.... Of course the world market rating went down the drain so they started imposing boycotts.. I had no choice but to turn to interior growth...

I put outrageous markup on each of the commodities/products and after a while just got huge money out of that.... With very little trade and very low taxes it was quite enough to build huge treasury surpluses and fund research..

By now I have all of Africa, some 17,000 Billion $ in treasury and raking in like 40 Bio $ a day in surpluses....GNP per head is almost 42,000$, taxes are 0, approval ratings are 80%.. Off course the big issue is inflation (also about 80 %) but no one seems to care.

Of course the key is that I have been self sufficient in most everything since almost the very start ... Morocco has oil and ore, coal is not needed the rest is available.... Focusing on manufactured goods early on insured that the country was not relying on imports.
BigStone
General

Re: It works

Post by BigStone »

Tomar wrote: coal is not needed
Sorry .. here i'm losing you Tomar... :-?

If there is one industry in the entire game i make always sure its working
properly its my Ind Goods...
And they need coal...

Cheers

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”