Maximize profit opportunities vs. sell excess

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chef Pepin
Sergeant

Maximize profit opportunities vs. sell excess

Post by Chef Pepin »

Has anyone looked into this?

I usually have the minister maximize profit opportunities. I figured the cash flow from exports would be more volatile but provide the most profit.

As I began to build surplus, I changed his instructions to sell excess of everything. After letting a couple of days go by, nothing changed.

Is there really a difference?
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I don't personally let the minister do much (if anything) as I like to control things myself
(maybe encourage/discourage immigration, improve a certain rating, certain diplo and a couple extra options.. hmm... It seems my ministers do more than I orginally thought.. but still I allow nothing that may require ministers to alter sliders/settings such as taxs as I always lock these)

But I think I can still help

A way to check out what there doing is giving them the order and by looking at the trading sheets(of specific product trade sheet) + balance sheets and make a note of the changes you'll see. "sell excess priority" I believe makes the minister sell more of the stockpiles but I get the feeling it may also cause them to export products rather than use than for domestic sales

Some minister priorities will probably take a while to have an effect but sell excess and so forth would probably be almost instant
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

ozmono2005 wrote:I don't personally let the minister do much (if anything) as I like to control things myself
(maybe encourage/discourage immigration, improve a certain rating, certain diplo and a couple extra options.. hmm... It seems my ministers do more than I orginally thought..
ROFL.... :D

Cheers
George Geczy
General

Re: Maximize profit opportunities vs. sell excess

Post by George Geczy »

Chef Pepin wrote:As I began to build surplus, I changed his instructions to sell excess of everything. After letting a couple of days go by, nothing changed.
This particular instruction to ministers should work well, assuming there are no conflicting instructions or priorities. However, Minister sell-offs are done over a period of time, primarily to maximize profits and not flood the markets. In some cases, there will not be enough regional or world demand to allow liquidating a large stock - depends on the commodity and the region you are playing, and what the other regions are doing in their own exports.

Also of note, there are times when 'inter-minister' orders can create conflicting priorities - for example, if you give your Defense Minister an order to build up your armed forces, it could cause him to ask your Production Minister not to sell off military raw materials.

-- George.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”