Oh cry for me Argentina?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chef Pepin
Sergeant

Oh cry for me Argentina?

Post by Chef Pepin »

I have only played the game a couple of times so I'm still new.

I am playing Argentina in the campaign on easy. Their 280B debt is killing me. For a while my interest payments were $42B/year. In my first attempt I was able to get the debt down to approx. 70B, but it took 2 years.

By then, my neighbors hated me and my military was very weak. I got pounded by Uruguay and Paraguay.

Anyone played them with success? suggestions?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I took a look at the S.America map... and I wonder a few things:

How long have you been playing?

What is your military build capacity compared to other regions? If it's high then other regions get cause to attack you.

Did you attack any region? If you did then the other regions would gang up on you with AND their high belli bars they won't have trouble attacking you.
Chef Pepin
Sergeant

Post by Chef Pepin »

I believe it's been about 2 years (Sept. 2012??).

For my first game, I was actually able to keep inflation between 3-5% and unemployement at around 4.5-5%. I also rebuilt most of the industry on more productive locations.

The military build is probably what did it. In preparation of the build-up, I began to upgrade most of the military bases (and Argentina has a lot of them).

Thanks for the help. Any other guidance on how to cut costs early to get the economy going quicker?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Ok, I've been running S.America for awhile as Argentina...

Build consumer goods plant - and enough electricity and industrial goods to run it.

You'll be making some money then if you are also not spending heavily on other things... I'm exporting millions of dollars worth a day.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”