Panama Economy Walk Through

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Alright http://www.supremewiki.com/Panama now suits the site and is ready for improvements. :-) Tell me what you think of the edit :-?

It took me much longer than I expected :cry: and took a long time for TEX to write in the first place So please contribute!
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

I'll get back to Panama soon. I played Israel last night. I was refreshing to be attacked on the 2nd or 3rd day of game play. I just wanted to fight something.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

ozmono2005

I've had a look over the text, added a few points of my own and corrected a few spelling mistakes. I'm still in the middle of that game so I might add my own findings as I go along.

Good work.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

cool :-)
and I'm glad you liked it NOT that I am responsiable for the walkthrough just editing. I just want to make it clear TEX I'm not claiming credit for it!
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Indeed.

Congrats to TexasDevilDog for writing it and allowing me an insight to how the ******* economy can work...

and you ozmono2005 for getting it into the wiki in a reasonable format.

Now it's in the wiki, we can have a feeling that we have all contributed in some way to helping ourselves by helping write it, and helping others by giving them something they can use as a guide...
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I agree its nice to be part of a successful team :-)
Also don't sell yourself short 3iff, nice changes!
Thanks fella's
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I wasn't selling myself short...I'm just modest.

In fact, that's the best thing about me, my modesty. :lol:
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

I noticed while playing Israel the other night that if I had supply map overlay turned on, I could see my units consuming supply in hexes. I noticed this because I had several helicopter units flying around delivering supply when units would stall out. The hexs would loose color as my unit flew across the map.

I am wondering if too many units will over load the supply replenishment of the hexs. I will run some experiment on this. This will change some understanding the supply model.
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

Learned last night that increasing industry efficiency lowers inflation and increases unemployment, as it would IRL.
Swifty***
Sergeant

Post by Swifty*** »

Which manner of efficiency increase were you playing with when you noticed the inflation and unemployment change? That is, the efficiency spending directly to an industry, increasing infrastructure, or scrapping poorly supplied factories?

Also, what amount of increase, and how long before you saw the results?

Thanks.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

TexasDevilDog wrote:Learned last night that increasing industry efficiency lowers inflation and increases unemployment, as it would IRL.
Does it?? I did try that (before you posted this) but didn't see any effect, although I didn't increase the investment by much and possibly didn't have it going long enough to notice an effect. I shall try it again.
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

The way I checked it is as follows, take a save game, change all the sliders to minimum investment and run for 10 days. Check production cost, unemployment and inflation. Then reload the game, change all the sliders to maximum investment and run for 10 days. Check the same.
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

What exactly is "mark up" and its effect? I thought it was a way to sell your product always "cost + x% of cost" but the (excellent) Panama post seems to consider it as a tax on domestic consumption.
Big stuff from K5
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

it has the same effect as a tax but its really just a price increase

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”