The best way to boycott ?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

chris953
Warrant Officer

The best way to boycott ?

Post by chris953 »

My question is how I can know what the other region buy or sell ? The informations are the same for exports and imports.

Many thanks for help.

christophe
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Nobody knows ? maybe my question is stupid or my lack of knowledge in English make my question impossible to understand.
I try to do better.
They are two production screens, exports and imports. On the line of the table there are indications of quantity, price, and areas for each product. My problem is of knowing with what corresponds these quantities, of exports or the imports, because they are identical on the two tables.

Thanks for help.

christophe
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

I don't know and I don't thnk anyone knows how to find out what the other regions buy or sell except for what production industries they have or don't have.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There is no way to see who you sold to or bought from. Sorry it took a bit to reply, but this actually sparked a few discussions in the office. We've marked this as a "wish list" issue to look at.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Thanks for the answer.
That wants to say that it is impossible to evaluate the impact of a boycott on the economy in an area, it is a pity it seems to me.
Beldar
Private

So what do the numbers represent?

Post by Beldar »

My first post so I'll keep it short.

Do the numbers that are listed represent the quantity each region has for sale at the specified price?

Are they from the day before?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

during any day, you can see who is selling what qty of each good. After the purchases are made, you can only see a report of how much you spent importing each product. That had always seemed enough for us during test games but clearly there would be some use to expanding that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

I hope that we could see what other region buy and sell. This will let us wage the 'economic war' to cripple other region's economy.

Currently, i think the boycott function doesn't help much since we have no idea what is the impact on the other region, as mentioned in previous post.

All war should base on the following hierachy, this is the golden rule
Diplomacy -> economy -> troops battle -> city siege

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”