Base supply question

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hithere
Captain

Base supply question

Post by hithere »

I am staring to run out of money. In the North America scen, there are a ton of bases for the U.S.A. player (after you beat the regions). Some of them are right on top of each other. I started to scrap a bunch of them, then started thinking, if they provide supply, am I shooting myself in the foot here? I hit the "S" key but everything was the same shade of color.

I guess my question is, how far out does supply reach from a base? also, does supply gradually increase up to a given amount? it seems that way because you home territory always seems to have the same amount of supply (give or take little amounts)

is there a way to tell how much a industry is affected by shutting down a base? I know you lose some jobs, but how much production do you lose. hopefully, someone will beable to follow my train of though on this, because i don't think i am asking it very well
hi there
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Did you let the clock tick for a day after the base scrapped?

When you build a base, the effect on supply is immediate. So, when you scrap a base(the next business day) the supply should decrease. Best area to test this would be to build an outpost as far north in canada as you can. See the effects of the supply on the supply filter, and then scrap it and see what happens.

If you scrap bases in the middle of everything else, it may be harder to notice.

Also, cities give some supply too, though not as much as bases.
hithere
Captain

Post by hithere »

aah good idea, never thought of that
hi there

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”