Expense: Production

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KOSMOS
Corporal

Expense: Production

Post by KOSMOS »

I am having a huge problem trying to keep my treasury in the green. I am playing the california/US west campaign.

When i check my expenses, Production expenses makes up 40-50% of my expenses. I tried reducing the efficiencies and setting the prices as noted in the other thread. But then my production expenses went through the roof.

What is production expenses exactly and how do you keep it down?
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Reducing efficiencies will not INCREASE your production expenses -- it can't, unless there's a bug, which no one talking about efficiency has noted.
are you sure that something else didn't also happen after you lowered the efficiencies? Maybe one of your ministers messed with something. Was everything locked down?
KOSMOS
Corporal

Post by KOSMOS »

Where should be the efficiency bar be at? I've played w/ the bar but no matter where i set it, production is still taking a huge chunk out of my budget.

I've just played another S.California game.I made sure all the setting are locked. I've basically ceased military production, put social expenses at recommended levels. So this is what i did with the economy in the game.

First i updated any production facilities that can be upgraded. Then i strive for self efficiency by making 1 or 2 wood/water facilities at a time. I've set auto sale of stocked goods at prices a bit above what the world market is offering.

At first my economy was in some what of a leaking boat. it was more or less permanently in the red. The only thing that kept my treasury from sinking was the occasional trade of various goods. I had a trade suplus of about 50 billion at one time.

Alas, my treasury went through the bottom in to the negatives, about -4 billion. By then my production ceased and i started getting a surplus. The surplus lasted until my treasury went back to positive. My production would restart and my expenses shot up and my treasury went back down and the process repeats.

So I think my problem is managing the production expenses but i have no idea how to keep the production expenses down. Until my economy collapsed my production expenses is always a good 40-50% of my total expenses. Is this even normal?
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

i wonder about this too, the damn production costs are eating up my treasury aswell!
Glory Glory Man Utd
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Take a look at the thread on efficiency in the "production" sub-forum. You won't find all the answers there, but it will clarify things a little.
BTW, how tight is your labor market? If your unemployment is low, that REALLY forces up your costs.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

And if your GDP/c is high that is also a BIG cost factor!!

To help out a little i have a tip. get your domestic prices up, set it at around 50% for all. You can even go higher then that. My people only protested the 77% increase on electricity when my econ minster set my taxes at 64%, before that no problem and it really helps you to pay the prices.

utter then that i dont get it also, the efficiency is giving me head aches, nobody understands them really and what other costs there...

good luck

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”