Millions in the $$$ a day?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Millions in the $$$ a day?

Post by Lord Khazad »

I notice a lot of people going around saying "i got 100 ++ millions income a day"

I just can't realize how you get that much. I am United Kingdom, and i have like 600.000 in the minus all the time. not very much, but still, how do you earn like 300 millions a day?? i just don't get it.... Thank you VERY much to whoever tells me! :-)
Glory Glory Man Utd
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

The way to achieve it will have differences for each different region.

Ive had 4 billion surplus a day coming in, in the US.And im not even one of the better economy players.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Get a bigger country :P
As NA in the world I make 4 billion each day. my income is 22 bills, out is 18bills. I got 1.4 trills in the bank. The rest of the world is in a depression though: every other country is in huge debt.
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

so no magic trick like increasing a bar or spending less on something specific?
Glory Glory Man Utd
RCBricker
Captain

Post by RCBricker »

how are you guys doing on smaller maps?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Khazad - not really.I was able to get a cash flow of about 2 billion a day in portugal,but the resource issues were completely different.

It really is a region by region case.

Some generic steps I take.

First thing I do is cut expenses.
I sell every unit i dont want.
I scrap every base i dont want.
I make sure every auto buy is off.
I make sure every auto build is off.
I end all research funding.

Then i let the game run 1 day and pause it.

This establishs my bank and shows me exactly what leeway i have to work with for my building endeavors.

Than i build slowly from there according to the needs of the region.

Its not much help i know, but again, its really region dependant.
Chuckle TM
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

ok thank you :-) but another thing, is it really worth to build industries when the production cost is soooo high? just for fun i closed down every industry i had except my oil and weapon industry business and i still had like 600.000 anually in production costs there... I don't really like the idea that buying from the world market should be better, but is it really?
Glory Glory Man Utd
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

As it stands now, the World Market WILL hate your region, sooner or later.
In my case, almost always sooner.

Sooner or later you will lose the ability to buy from them.When you do, if you were using them for a resource or good ,your economy is gonna crash hard.

And yes, sometimes its cheaper to buy from them than make it youself.

But counting on that supply being purchasable from them is a death sentence to your economy when you lose thier favor.
Chuckle TM
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

so how do i make money then? my taxes can never pay for all my expenses, and production costs VERY much... the only way i keep my economy stable is by selling oil, but even then it shrinks a little bit...
Glory Glory Man Utd
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I had it pretty good with the WM one game. Got to 99% satisfaction with the WM. I think it was because I was conqering everyone they hated. :)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Lord Khazad- what region you playing ? Maybe you just have a particaully hard region.

I have almost always( early games i had trouble,til i learned to work my economy based on the region) been able to support my expenses with tax and trade.Than when trade dies off,taxes.

Do you spend alot on research ? I tend to turn research off when my economy cant support it.Also when research is on, i only do one tech at a time (most of the time) and than concentrate oin techs that lower my costs .
Chuckle TM
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

After playing Paris and Marseilles who have lots of cash and a strong economy, I'm playing as Colorado. It's a struggle.

I expanded industry carefully (slowly) and started churning out units including building a new military base. I had 6 new planes on the go...and now my cash is struggling to exceed $500m.

So, I've had to deactivate all bases except 1 military and 1 airbase. I'm building 3 planes (expensive) and no more land units (well, the odd infantry). Industry can't grow much more as unemplyment is down to 4%. Immigrants are coming in and trade sales are just covering social spending.

Research is $80m per day but that will reduce when I get the things I'm researching. Unit build costs are about $30m per day and I'm just about gaining cash (but slowly).

Most of my units are in reserve and no-one is yet at war. I guess that if I was building less planes my cash would grow faster. I shall reduce plane building to perhaps 1 plane. I've also stopped building missiles for now. I have 300-400 already built.

Petroleum, ore and coal are my biggest imports as I can't expand these industries any more. I'm just making electricity at 100% of demand and selling enough industrial goods to keep me solvent. Everything else is producing enough to keep up with demand.

Debt repayments have fallen from $25.5m per day to $23.5 thanks to bonds being rescheduled at a lower interest rate. Total debt is still $170b though!

I really need a weak country to attack me so I can gain some territory!

Also had a record from the WM though, 4 offers in one day! One research freebie and 3 others that were overpriced junk.
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

tkobo wrote:Lord Khazad- what region you playing ? Maybe you just have a particaully hard region.
I am playing as United Kingdom and they should be capable of earning some money, right? i mean they have oil and everything...
Glory Glory Man Utd
Tanker65
Corporal

Post by Tanker65 »

Not sure how much it helps but have you upgraded production facilities? Also I know on the NY scenario I had a whole bunch of power facilities that were not working anywhere near capacity so I scrapped some of the older ones like Hydro etc and kept the nukes. I also had my finance guy focus on inrease revenue. Have you looked at your minister to see how effective he/she may be? It seems to me when I sacked a minister and repleced them things got better.
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

Yeah i have upgraded nearly all of my facilites and scrapped the old. My minister has the highest economic IQ of all, and yes, i have the minister focusing on increasing revenues. It still seems that production costs are my main source of loosing money. I figure if i can cut down on that a little, i will earn money again. So my "new" question is; how do i cut down on production costs?
Glory Glory Man Utd

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”