Numers in red - Treasure keep rising

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

-Rodri-
Sergeant

Numers in red - Treasure keep rising

Post by -Rodri- »

That's it.
I got Surplus/Deficit in red, but my treasure keeps increasing. Is that a bug?

BTW, is there an option to see the profit/loss of each industry?

An another one... I have a play style in wich I tend to build industries in wich my unit cost is lower than the market price. That should decrease my Unemplyment rate don't? It doesnt happen, it refuses to go down, and my inflation goes negative. Bad thing, I got inflagnation.

Thanks guys, and sorry about my English (again).
red
General

Post by red »

Is your trade surplus greater than the other loss, or is your debt increasing? Both would result in a net increase despite the apparent loss. In the latter case, a minister automatically issues bonds.

Building industries will lower unemployment. I suspect you are not building enough. Try to overdo it and you will perhaps get a better hang of it.
-Rodri-
Sergeant

Post by -Rodri- »

Ok, so I have to compare my Surplus/Deficit with my Trade Surpluss? But isn't the trade surplus included in the Surplus/Deficit figure?
Fordson
Captain

Post by Fordson »

-Rodri- wrote:Ok, so I have to compare my Surplus/Deficit with my Trade Surpluss? But isn't the trade surplus included in the Surplus/Deficit figure?
I may be wrong, but no, they do not seem to be combined. I wondered the same thing as you until I realized that.
bluntobj
Lieutenant

Post by bluntobj »

Actually, your trade suplus/deficit is in your net number. However, it's a budget versus actual number.

I've had a budgeted trade deficit of $300 million, yet when the day cycles it was a positive $5 million or so since I had product sales.

The red deficit only takes into account your budgeted trade surplus/deficit. Actual numbers reflect in your treasury, so its possible to have a constant deficit, but rising treasury.
-Rodri-
Sergeant

Post by -Rodri- »

Ok. But how could you explain the fact that I'm losing (budgeted numbers) about $ 50 billon, but my treasure keeps rising? And my debt is not increasing.

It was nice playing Argentina in the South American scenario. Started with minus 4.8 inflation and about 16% unemployment, and now I'm having 0% inflation and about 10% unemployment. Treasure increasing, also GDP, but I cannot understand this cuestion with the numbers...
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

I think it is a trade issue. The figures you see there are based on the day trade before an dtaht can fluctuate a lot.

if yous et your minister to increase the GDP you get inflation and lesser unemployed. Also negative inflation is called deflation, not inflagnation :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Your reported surplus/deficit is before trades.

If you look at the numbers set daily here is an example that could explaing what you're seeing;

Income : 380M
Expense : 420M

Sur/Def : -40M
Budg Trade: -20
Previous day trade: 80M

In this example, everything expects your treasury to decrease but it will increase because the minister was able to make a lump sale to offset the budget. This can mean the minister is selling off stock that he believes you can do without. I did some testing of this a while back, here's the forumula

today's treasury = today's sur/def +yesterday's treasury + yesterday's sales

This is because today's sur/def is calculated from yesterday's transactions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
-Rodri-
Sergeant

Post by -Rodri- »

Thanks for the reply.

But I wonder.. I have played for a year now, and this is becoming a constant.

Sur/Def: ~ -40
Budg Trade: +20

Treasury Up

So, if my minister keeps selling off stock, and assuming that I produce the necessary ammount to keep that stock up, why then the budgeted trade doesn't change? It has to go up, and then reflect the fact that I'm making money.

btw... Great game. Great.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Budgeted trade is how much you planned to sell. Daily trade is what you actually sold and is what you need to look at.
-Rodri-
Sergeant

Post by -Rodri- »

It is unrealistic.
I have now constantly -140/-150 bill. in Sur/Def, but making money (a lot)... and I pay my debt!
I really don't look at this numbers any more... but I feel something is missing.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, send me a savegame, I'll take a look...

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

K, I looked at the savegame;

Starting from the date of your savegame, the 8th;

Treasury: 33,336 (June 8th)

I roll one day. Looking at daily figures, new treasury should be

33336+203.93-568.9

which is previous treasury + trade surplus - budget deficit

this matched my new treasury of 32,971 (june 9th)

for the 10th, treasury = 32971-16.83-569.31 = 32385

that day had a trade deficit.

for the 11th, treasury = 32385+3392-566.58 = 35210

THis was the first time I saw the treasury go up since there was a trade surplus bigger than the budget deficit. I checked to see why it was so large and the minister had sold Consumer Goods totaling 2,435$ as part of the previous day sales. Not all goods sell every day. This is why we give both a budgeted trade and a previous day trade. Over the course of a year, the 'previous days' should average out to match the budget. Comparing your budgeted trade and daily deficit, it projects an average daily deficit of 40M against a treasury of 33,000M. It'll bounce around a little but that is a very small daily decline, hard to see.

Need me to investigate anything else?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”