First things to do upon game start

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Bateman
Corporal

First things to do upon game start

Post by Bateman »

Hi guys, im just wondering what people usually do as a priority when starting the game?
At the start of the game I check my supply/demand of all the resources and if im short in 1 or 2 categories then I build the appropriate industries.
Is this the optimum way to try and meet shortages?

2nd I usually adjust overall taxes to ensure im not losing too much money, then i check social spending to see that healthcare and education spending is decent, as ive heard this has a large affect on DAR.

Curious as to how most people begin to build up a strong economy while keeping DAR reasonable. Are there a variety of approaches or do you all follow the same basic strategy?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I will often start any existing power plants upgrading immediatly. I might have some shortages for a few days, but the increase in capacity is often well worth it. Particularly that this saves me the foundation costs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I only try to meet shortages on items which I have Dark Red fields to mine/harvest for. The light red fields will often cost you more money in maintaining the structure than what you are actually getting from the land. The more efficient your resource production is, the more profit when selling the excess.

Oil, coal, and iron are quite important as they are responsible for the production of consumer, industrial, and military goods, so more leeway can be had in the acquisition of these resources.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

First thing I do is cut expenses.
I sell every unit i dont want.
I scrap every base i dont want.
I make sure every auto buy is off.
I make sure every auto build is off.
I end all research funding.

Then i let the game run 1 day and pause it.

This establishs my bank and shows me exactly what leeway i have to work with for my building endeavors.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Pajari
Warrant Officer

Post by Pajari »

I get oil and whatever else my country is seriously lacking in terms of natural resources. Oil is, most of the time, pretty crucial to most industries and the hardest natural resource to find. You either have it or you have to take it from someone else that does.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”