Kansas

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

imnotthatwierd
Captain

Kansas

Post by imnotthatwierd »

I Just Played as Kansas...and its an economical nightmare
within two weeks game time i was in the red...and after a years game play...i had 25% unemployment and about 14% DEflation

altho the point of no-return for my economy was around 2 months in...i couldnt buy in resources, couldnt build units or buildings

i accept some of this is down to me not knowing what to do with the economic side of things...has anyone played as kansas and not gone into the red so early...

any help would be appreciated
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

How about some details of what was going wrong? :)
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

simply wasnt making money...and when i started going into the red...all production/building/buying in resources stopped

for a start kansas doesnt start with metal ore or uranium...and shortages of these lead to huge problems in producing goods/military equipment/electricity

i didnt have taxes too high to begin with...and i wasnt building expensive units either, there just wasnt money to be made
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Were you running a big trade deficiet?(How do you spell that....)
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

1 every 4 days i had trade surplus of up to 200Mil at the beginning, but with the days in between i was either losing little amounts or just breaking even

so eventually i was in the red
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

I'd see whats going on with your imports and exports... maybe production needs to be increased? Maybeyour making goods more expensive than you could get them from the WM?
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

the economy screen does give you the cost per unit...but i seem to remember it always being lower than the WM
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

ok...on any map is there a way to stop unemployment rising, and stop inflation going down, without having huge debt
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

question... did you build a lot of upgrades?
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

imnotthatwierd Keep the faith Kansas is do-able!
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, just take nebraska early on and you should be set. After that it will be a war of attrition with colorado and the dakotas if you don't finish them before they field too large an air force.
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

Legend wrote:question... did you build a lot of upgrades?
what are upgrades, what exactly do they do?
lol
Decimatus wrote:Yeah, just take nebraska early on and you should be set. After that it will be a war of attrition with colorado and the dakotas if you don't finish them before they field too large an air force.
if you attack early on this map, you end up getting yourself at war with every other region on your border, and then, every new border you get, that region will declare war on you
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

upgrades are what you build on the map, bases, hydro dams, radar stations, roads... If you build too many... then you may run out of money.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I had this problem, built too many new bases/factories and quickly drained my cash. I had to send many units to reserve and shut down bases...even halting unit builds.

My exports would raise $200-300m then construction would absorb this cash. I had constant complaints about electricity and ore shortages and I couldn't really do a thing about it. My interest rates kept rising making my economic situation even worse... I eventually achieved some stability but realised I was in a hopeless situation.

Perhaps next time I'll get it right.
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

i have this big problem where i overspend...lol
except you said you had inflation, whereas i have deflation, and my deflatin economy has arrised more than once..lol

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”