Inflation...

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Inflation...

Post by CptBritish »

Inflation How do you stop it or at least Keep it steady?
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Tax the hell out of the ppl helped me some. and u can put the minister to fight inflation too.
JXai
Lieutenant

Post by JXai »

In the real world, inflation occurs when you are overemployed - before the 1970s it was thought that unemployment and inflation were at opposite ends of the spectrum. At any rate, if you ramp up your economy quickly it is a surefire way to create inflation. A certain level of inflation should be tolerable though.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

How about 20% :P

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
lostperception
Corporal

Post by lostperception »

Wow, in my previous game. I had it end with a -.08% Inflation while still having taxes at about 54%, I was playing as a communist and working towards making my country (WA state) self-sustainable as much as possible, I even bought the rich oil fields of northern oregon to help me in this process, I guess the oregonians didn't like me much after this because they quickly caught me off guard after I bought the land and ravaged my country :-(.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I've also had -20 inflation not good thing :(

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Is it just me, or do all the problems except budgetary and resource problems go away when the approval effects setting is turned off?

Are there dire effects to inflation other than approval rating? Such as on my treasury? I turned off approval rating and set taxes to 100% for my first few games so I could learn how to play. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with having high prices other than getting spammed by e-mails.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U should see my problem inflation 25% unemployment 2.7 DAR 45 and rising taxes is at 70% and the ppl are still moving in and i even raised the domestic markup to over 150% and i'm making money even lowered the social spending to the recommended and my GDP is over 45000 and i don't have that many factoies. and with all this the ppl love me and i'm a democracy in the game. Wonder if i should be worried?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

How do you fight Deflation or how do you stop it...

I always end up with with minus inflation when i'm Madrid...

I just can't stop it...

Bigred14
Sergeant

Post by Bigred14 »

I'm with Bergsjaeger, that is typically the way my economy gets after about a year, my aproval is somewhere in the 40's, GDP in the high 40's, inflation seems to be mostly dependent on unemployment levels, in two seperate games I had similar economy the only difference was in one case I had Unemployment at 2% and inflation was 25% and rising, while the other I was around 5% and inflation was only around 9%.

But then again 2 similar outcomes are hardly a basis for a statistical comparison (unless your the media, jab jab ;) )
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

actually i figured out what i was doing before i went off for some R&R. My eff. on the industries was over 110%. that caused alot of jobs and caused the inflation to go up. so before i left i had everything set good

inflation was around 4% unemployment was about 4 too. i was making about 100M a day could still built somethings ( learned to not build a hella lot from the beginning but improve what i got first) DAR was still going up real good (taxes were at 50%) and social spending was at the recommended only and i was winning in the polls for reuniting the region.
had a good army built too. And it was the US Georgia scenario again and Tennesse suppose to attack Alabama (who i was playing was) but instead Tennesse attacked Georgia who was the strongest military in the game.

I sit there and watched the war (i built a radar station close to both of their borders). the 2 regions battled over the same peice of land for 6 months and that's were i left it before i went on my trip.
-Rodri-
Sergeant

Post by -Rodri- »

i have another question... what is the cause of deflation? how do you fight it?
Antares
Warrant Officer

Post by Antares »

Prolly just close down a few factories.
as
Corporal

inflation

Post by as »

so thats inflation good or bad, it its bad what problem will i see later?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Inflation is good short term...

It is how fast your economy is growing...

I think...

Bad long term as your economy will out grow your rivals by too much and then they won't want to import from your country as things will be too expensive...

I think...

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”